• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No artist names or mention of 1st appearance

17 posts in this topic

So following on from one of my previous topics, I got my Hulk 181 back and it was given a 0.5 (which I’ve made my peace with and understand the reasons), what I don’t get is that the creators and artists have no mention, neither does it state that this is the first appearance of Wolverine yet others do. Why is that?

Doesn’t CGC usually state the issues in the middle, with info on the left and right?

06C5DF91-C992-4DD7-84FA-E7C39053F646.jpeg

Edited by Scott Dellar

Consider making a complaint directly to CGC if you disagree.  If enough people raise the issue, maybe they'll consider changing their policies.

3 hours ago, Scott Dellar said:

Wait, so due to choosing a character label that info gets left off?! Surely they could fit it on in slightly smaller text ¬¬

That's right, your copy does not contain the first full appearance of Wolverine. If it's not on the label, it's not in the book. Too bad.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, Scott Dellar said:

Wait, so due to choosing a character label that info gets left off?! Surely they could fit it on in slightly smaller text ¬¬

Let's be honest. Any comic book collector worth his/her salt is going to know the significance of Incredible Hulk #181. I can honestly say that it would be extremely rare to hear the following sentences: "I would really like to buy that book, but I'm not 100% sure that it's the first appearance of Wolverine. Ah, just to be safe, I'll pass."

28 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Let's be honest. Any comic book collector worth his/her salt is going to know the significance of Incredible Hulk #181. I can honestly say that it would be extremely rare to hear the following sentences: "I would really like to buy that book, but I'm not 100% sure that it's the first appearance of Wolverine. Ah, just to be safe, I'll pass."

But it's not the first appearance of Wolverine...

:fear: