• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Displaying Framed Comic Prints at Home - Suggestions?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

As a married man approaching his 50th birthday (shudder) and two kids, my days of tacking posters up on the wall are long gone.

I’ve socialized the idea of hanging some framed comic art on an upstairs wall with my wife. I’m thinking along the lines of an Alex Ross Print with the Avengers team. The Original Art is staying in an Itoya portfolio. Scantily clad Vampirella art is also not an option.

Any suggestions? (Please help me get a little more superhero decor into my house outside of a basement wall).

Cheers,

John

Ya Alex Ross makes the most sense, or go to his website and buy some canvas.

This one is called absolute justice, its maybe 15 by 25 or 30, he has a bunch of newer ones, but depending on decor it may look a little more professional than a print not sure....

20200918_210820.jpg

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya Alex Ross makes the most sense, or go to his website and buy some canvas.

This one is called absolute justice, its maybe 15 by 25 or 30, he has a bunch of newer ones, but depending on decor it may look a little more professional than a print not sure....

20200918_210820.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion.

I suck as an artist but I'm working on creating 3-D comic cover shadow boxes. I take a comic to the print shop and make five color copies, usually around 11x14. I mount one copy onto thin cardboard and use an exacto knife to cut out the main figures and the logo. I mount another copy on slightly thicker cardboard and mount some of the secondary features on it. When I get better, I will switch from cardboard to foamboard. Eventually, both sheets are glued to another copy of the original cover and the effect is pretty cool. 

You can buy similar items on line but they run close to $100. My way, all in you are talking about $10-$15 for a finished framed work, and you can do any book you want.

There's nothing wrong with posters or prints.  I like selecting a few pieces and framing them.  The next thing I plan on doing is buying a few of my favorite Calvin & Hobbes strips (prints, can't afford OA) and framing them in the hallway.  Probably something the kids can enjoy at the same time.

IMG_2022.JPG.736d14f03b29a6c597c4b480b1592ca6.JPG

And if you're just looking for avenues to find prints

https://www.sideshow.com/search?keywords=prints

Try sideshow.com and search prints....

True that some of the choices WILL BE sexy vampirella, but there will be other's as well. And with Sideshow, I believe you can buy them already professionally framed!

I think they're kind of expensive, so I may have forgot about them.... lol 

but they're there :banana: 

@piper