• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bomber Bob memorial thread.
6 6

116 posts in this topic

Many years back in one of my first sales threads, I sold a book to Bob and as a relative n00b, was actually a mix of nervous and excited to have a transaction with someone who was clearly a respected veteran on the boards. Interacting with him and then getting some nice feedback about my packaging and shipping - and my grading of the book itself - did a lot for my confidence and sense of belonging as a member of the community.

Very sorry to learn of his passing and will miss seeing his contributions here. 

59 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

:frown:

Is there anything we can do to help his family?

@october

@skypinkblu

He knew he was ill for quite some time, he had the same kind of brain tumor that John McCain did.  He was a very nice man and it was sad that he had to suffer through that.

I'd be happy to help, but I don't know his family. If someone does and they need help and want to contact me that would be fine. However, he seemed to be planning for the inevitable for  a while or at least that was the impression I had from him.

Just a sad weekend, so sorry for his loss. 

Terrible news, he was a great guy and a passionate collector. We had talked on the boards a few times and then I got to meet him at a WW Chicago. He'd reached out to me about a year ago as he was selling some books, and though I couldn't afford them I wanted to help him out (and they were gorgeous books I am proud to own, especially having come from him). Last time I talked to him, which was a few months ago, he said he was doing a little better. :cry:

Edited by mysterio