• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bomber Bob memorial thread.
6 6

116 posts in this topic

I'm going to miss Bob.  He took the time to teach me a lot about graded books.  I did actually buy one of his books.  I don't think he wanted to sell anything.  He loved comics and collecting.  He told me he had sold his collection one time and regretted it ever since,  Be at peace my friend...C93BA46F-1FB0-4BC9-ACD7-8DDE493FF0EE_1_105_c.jpeg.4b6c16d9d336bcbaff8ef259e2f6ec90.jpeg

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

IIRC, didn’t Bob help a friend who was also sick sell off his collection many years ago? I cannot remember the name of the collection, but it was a pretty big deal at the time. 

I think it was moondog and the Dr Fate collection. 

Very sad news indeed.  I didn’t know Bob outside of the boards, but I will miss his contributions to comic book conversations here..   It’s meaningful to know that those of you who knew him over the years had such warm feelings towards him, and by all accounts was thought of highly.

Bob and I had an ongoing PM thread as I had asked about a book of his.  As some know, I have dealt with some rough health issues and Bob shared what he was going through.  He had a hard time reading long PMs and concentrating when we were conversing.  Unfortunately, he dropped off as his health deteriorated.  I wish I had got to know him better earlier other than through his boards.  

My thoughts and prayers go to his family.