• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bomber Bob memorial thread.
6 6

116 posts in this topic

2020 keeps getting worse. 

I hate to hear this news. He was a true asset to the boards, and was a real help to people who were new to the hobby. Truly knowledgeable and friendly. 

Rest in peace my friend. :foryou: 

Edited by newshane

Bob and I live a town apart and I would always talk with him about the latest deals we found at our local stores or smaller shows. How he would specifically venture in on the days the manager bought collections so he could get an early look. Each year our store would have a 50% off sale and we were usually the first two in the door, digging through boxes, chatting with each other, showing off what we found, and even trading once the dust settled.

I did not know him long (compared to others here), or outside of comics, but, to me, he was a rare "genuinely nice" person who was very passionate about the hobby. He will be missed; RIP.

Soon after I joined the boards in early 2015, Bomber Bob was one of the first to answer a question I had asked and his words really meant a lot to me as a newbie.  I got the sense that he was a caring and kind person taking the time to respond to someone who he had never met.  Rest easy Bob. 

Paul

Just in shock -  One of the nicest Boardies I’ve met since joining here in 08. (Just went thru our PM thread, I can’t say enough about how genuine and kind he was on and off the Boards) Such a neat gentlemen, so saddened by the news.   
My condolences to his family and dear friends, he will be missed greatly and remembered fondly.

Sincerely,    
Eric

On 9/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, skypinkblu said:

He knew he was ill for quite some time, he had the same kind of brain tumor that John McCain did.  He was a very nice man and it was sad that he had to suffer through that.

I'd be happy to help, but I don't know his family. If someone does and they need help and want to contact me that would be fine. However, he seemed to be planning for the inevitable for  a while or at least that was the impression I had from him.

Just a sad weekend, so sorry for his loss. 

Very sad news.

It’s called Glioblastoma and it’s the same cancer my dad passed away from almost 3 years ago. Very deadly type of cancer with a very low survival rate.

RIP Bob.

I first met Bob in 2003 at the Motor City promoted Chicago show in March. I had just purchased a early/mid 60's DC collection from Ringgold GA with white pages. Bob loved white pages!

Each backing board was crudely stamped "Ringgold GA. Collection". He loved them so much he came to the next Indianapolis IN show I setup at and bought more.

So the couple times a year we would meet at shows that collection was brought up. 

Such a great personality and passion for the hobby.

I had PM'ed Bob over last year and a half until few months ago when he just got too sick. I was able to keep up with his decline through a mutual friend who would visit him.

Bob Meadows I miss you already. :cry:

Just hearing about this now and it's very sad news indeed.

Bob was one of the first boardies I met in person and I always enjoyed seeing him and talking to him. Like many who have met me in person he really liked my wife a lot.

We will both miss seeing him at local shows.

RIP