• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bomber Bob memorial thread.
6 6

116 posts in this topic

I never met Bob or had any dealings with him. Enjoyed a lot of his posts. He definitely was a lover of the medium and one I would have gotton along great with. Very sad to lose “one of us”. They say the measure of a man is not what they leave behind but who they leave behind, and Bob has left behind a lot of friends. Condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace Bob. 

Very sad news to come back to.

My thoughts are with his closer friends here,I'm very sorry to read this.

God bless and rest in peace sir.

If anyone's hurting and needs a strangers ear to bend reach out, sincerely.

saddened to hear this news, but like some others, I knew that Bob had been sick for some time.  A genuine comics enthusiast, I usually saw Bob at the chicago shows and always enjoyed chatting with him.  He was one of the guys who loved the DC 'Oregon' books and we both used to still rave about how awesome they were even years after they had been sold.  I think Pete from Comics4Less may be handling the sale of his collection so he may know more about the position of the family.  Lost a great guy and a really long time, knowledgeable collector.

Oh no, very sad to hear this. Just met him this past year, and he mentioned he was dealing with some health issues but never expected it was this serious/dire. Was getting worried when he stopped responding the past few months and am sad to hear this.

One of my favorites here. He used to post those high grade SA rarities in slabs standing against a short box :cloud9: On the few subjects where we weren't on the same page, his debate was always a learning experience. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Very sad to hear of Bob's passing.  When I first joined the boards, I spent a lot of time in PGM to understand how CGC grading criteria differed from Overstreet.  Bob and I were commenting on many of the same threads and I always enjoyed his thoughtful and insightful posts.  Rest in peace Bob