Bomber Bob memorial thread.
11 11

114 posts in this topic

14,695 posts

Very Sobering. RIP Bob, Peace to your Family as well!

3,735 posts

My condolences.  While I had limited interactions with him, I am thankful that I was about to sell him a pedigree comic book for his run.

1,145 posts

I'm going to miss Bob.  He took the time to teach me a lot about graded books.  I did actually buy one of his books.  I don't think he wanted to sell anything.  He loved comics and collecting.  He told me he had sold his collection one time and regretted it ever since,  Be at peace my friend...C93BA46F-1FB0-4BC9-ACD7-8DDE493FF0EE_1_105_c.jpeg.4b6c16d9d336bcbaff8ef259e2f6ec90.jpeg

2,260 posts

Terrible news. Rest In Peace Bob.

4,442 posts

I was lucky enough to have some contact with him before his passing. He was a great guy to talk to and deal with.

I'm extremely saddened to hear of his passing and my most sincere condolences to his family. <3

May he rest in peace...

23,258 posts

IIRC, didn’t Bob help a friend who was also sick sell off his collection many years ago? I cannot remember the name of the collection, but it was a pretty big deal at the time. 

60,411 posts
1 minute ago, joeypost said:

IIRC, didn’t Bob help a friend who was also sick sell off his collection many years ago? I cannot remember the name of the collection, but it was a pretty big deal at the time. 

I think it was moondog and the Dr Fate collection. 

13,315 posts

I am another who did not deal with Bob too much but his enthusiasm and love for the hobby was always clear. Rest In Peace Bomber Bob 

5,501 posts

Very sad news indeed.  I didn’t know Bob outside of the boards, but I will miss his contributions to comic book conversations here..   It’s meaningful to know that those of you who knew him over the years had such warm feelings towards him, and by all accounts was thought of highly.

15,156 posts

Very sorry to hear this sad news. I had several PM exchanges and a few transactions with Bob and he was a great guy. A big loss for this community.

My most sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Bob

13,680 posts

Bob and I had an ongoing PM thread as I had asked about a book of his.  As some know, I have dealt with some rough health issues and Bob shared what he was going through.  He had a hard time reading long PMs and concentrating when we were conversing.  Unfortunately, he dropped off as his health deteriorated.  I wish I had got to know him better earlier other than through his boards.  

My thoughts and prayers go to his family.  

27,601 posts

I had never met him but he always seemed like a nice guy on the boards.  Very sorry to hear that he has passed.