• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM JIM83 [GRADE IS IN!]
2 2

26 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

At that time, my AF15 in VG was $80.00. Just to put it in perspective. 

I love stories like these. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that  kids use to buy these things for a dime! 

My biggest miss was actually a JIM83. At a comic convention in NYC in the late 90s I had a dealer offer me a nice VG copy for $450.  I was 17 or 18, so he mine as well have been asking $2M!  I did buy his Hulk 181 for $200.  I remembering telling my buddy he couldn't tell my brother, because if it got back to my mom that I spent $200 on a comic book she would kill me!! The funny thing is, leaving the show, I felt like I got ripped off. 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, KCOComics said:

I love stories like these. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that  kids use to buy these things for a dime! 

.12 cents!! We were forced into making serious financial considerations.  I stopped buying them when they went to .20 cents.  I considered selling the AF15 when it hit about $800.00 but I kept it for another forty five years instead. 

Edited by Glassman10

Grade is in!   2.5 White pages per website (not in hand yet).  Don't think I pressed, as consensus was it was not likely to help.  And I'm cheap.   :)   Anyway, pretty happy with it.   To the winners...you jynxed me outta a 3.0!   :taptaptap:  Joking aside, thanks all of you for your input.   

Edited by Pantodude