• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great songs in comic book movies
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I was just telling another boardie @Koheihow after watching Superman the Movie a bazillion times growing up on VHS that I didn't know there was an actual song of Lois's spoken word testament. And now I can't imagine my life without it! Maureen McGovern is incredible. Co-written by John Williams, no less.

And this one by Tia Carrere rips my heart out every time I hear it... Takes me right back to the tragic ending of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Batman gets another spot on the list with the sultry dance scene in Batman Returns courtesy of Siouxsie and Danny Elfman...

So many great songs in The Crow... But given O'Barr's love for Joy Division, I'd have to note NIN's cover of Dead Souls. And of course The Cure's Burn-

And yes, it's TV, and no, it wasn't a comic book until the 2000s, but the song is insanely catchy-

So help me out... What am I missing?!!

Edited by BCarter27
typo

Are you talking songs in the soundtrack or in the actual film?

Bono and The Edge of U2 fame wrote the music and lyrics for a Broadway musical version of the Spidey vs Electro story in 2010 called Turn Off the Dark based on the Stan Lee/Ditko era of Spider-Man.

Led Zeppelin's "The Immigrant Song" appears twice in Thor: Ragnarok. Good choice, but once would have been enough. The first movie it appeared in was Jack Black's "School of Rock." Black made a special video to plead with Led Zeppelin to allow them to use the song, since at the time LZ were very stingy with licensing their work like that. I guess they got over it.