• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Con 9/2020
1 1

44 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Timely said:

I’d sure like to know more about the ASM King-Size cover and the JIM Annual cover! Who owns them and what’s the price tag?

ASM is owned by another collector. Which is the other?

I was there - got there right before 11am - had to wait maybe 30 minutes in line for the room. Max capacity was 50 people. Moy was mobbed! I was pleasantly surprised to see he had a recent HA auction piece from Sean Murphy's Batman White Knight for sale  for $3500. 

Think it's the first time seeing Sean's work sold by another dealer other than Galerie 9eme

1 hour ago, artcollector9 said:

Hi all! I  was there today.

Joe did a great job making sure that the show was in compliance with state mandates. Everyone followed the rules it seemed. 

Eight dealers: Anthony Snyder, Albert Moy, Bechara Maalouf, Nathan Rose, Brad Savage, Hans, Will Gabri-El, and another dealer of collectibles and art and comics, who I didn't know. 

It was great to be back among comic art fans. Big rush in the morning, full capacity,  then it trickled down. I think a lot of NYC fans and others too, are still reluctant to attend these type of more social events. I hope that changes soon. 

I thought asking prices were (too) high and sellers unwilling to budge. I came home without spending a penny, though I was certainly there with the intent of pick up something.  

I like seeing stuff priced. I get tired of asking prices. Most stuff was not priced. Some pricing seemed to depend on whim, the day of the week, the way the wind blows, and any number of other unimportant factors. Today' 14K is yesterday's 9K is tomorrows ?? it's kind of fun. Ask ten times, get five different answers. When you get the price you like, take it, if not, pass. 

I later spoke to a few collectors who went, and as Ankur said previously, there is generally a dealer fear of leaving money on the table, so prices are high.  (Maybe they should fear collectors spending that convention money at auction instead!)

If you really MUST HAVE something fair enough. But otherwise prices were high enough to pass on and wait for another day, rather than sellers lowering prices a bit and closing a deal. 

There's always new art tomorrow... 

IMG_8352.jpg

IMG_8347.jpg

IMG_8346.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_8341.jpg

Did you get a price on the ASM King Size #3?