• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM GSX 1
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hey Gang! I haven't subbed anything in about a year, but am thinking about sending this one in.  I am generally confident in my grading, but must admit a lack of experience with subbing stained books. I don't think I've ever subbed a book with a stain. I know the consensus has generally been that CGC hammers stains. So with that in mind, what do you think the ceiling is for this book with that water stain on the back cover? Could it still hit 3.5? Dare we even dream of a  4? Could use a press to assist some of the front cover waviness, but I don't think anything can be done about that back cover. 

Thanks as always!

IMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

Thanks guys! That makes me feel much better. In my heart I thought "This looks like a 5.0 to me" but I was really worried that the water stain would bring it way down. Much appreciated and look forward to any further grade opinions!

59 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Before I see anyone else's grade, the first question I would have is, "Does the water stain penetrate the interior pages?"

I am not as optimistic as everyone else. My guess is 4.5.

Oddly enough, no, it goes no further than the back cover, though it does stain both sides of the cover as shown.

Thanks for your opinion, and honestly I’d still be delighted at 4.5. I was afraid the stain might drop it into the 3.0-3.5 range, so all of these estimates between 4.5 and 5.5 are making me feel better about my chances. 

Much appreciated!

Thread necromancy! Took me a while to get around to subbing the book, but it finally came back today. 4.0 and white pages! If this was your guess, congrats, you win…well, nothing really. Satisfaction?

I was expecting a 4.0, I was worried the water stain might drop it lower, so I’m quite satisfied. A 4.0 at the time I posted this was a good return in investment, and considering the run up the book had a few months ago, I’m VERY pleased with the price I paid.

Thanks again for playing along.

F5401406-97FE-4497-B601-E38085BC867B.jpeg

1C438B4D-A6CC-42C7-B756-5F99A94987E2.jpeg

Thanks guys! Yes, I was a little surprised on the white pages, but aside from that water stain on the back, it’s a pretty nice book. WP are just gravy!