• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confusion Surrounding Amazing Spider-Man #1 Vol 5 Lucio Parrillo SDCC Variant
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am so confused about this, so I really hope someone out there can help me see the light. I just bought a raw copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Vol 5. It is the Lucio Parrillo SDCC variant. The book was printed 9/18. When I looked the book up on comicspriceguide the only volume listed was Vol 6. What does the volume number of a variant tell you about that particular printing? In other words what does Vol 5 indicate about the comic in question? The price guide tells me that a 9.4 grade of the Vol 6 SDCC variant issue is worth $85.00. Would this value hold true for Vol 5 of this issue too? By my twisted logic it seems Vol 5 would be more valuable than a Vol 6, as it indicates that Vol 5 was an earlier edition. Also, is comicspriceguide usually accurate, or not? Thanks for reading!

3 minutes ago, AwesomeSauce said:

I am so confused about this, so I really hope someone out there can help me see the light. I just bought a raw copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Vol 5. It is the Lucio Parrillo SDCC variant. The book was printed 9/18. When I looked the book up on comicspriceguide the only volume listed was Vol 6. What does the volume number of a variant tell you about that particular printing? In other words what does Vol 5 indicate about the comic in question? The price guide tells me that a 9.4 grade of the Vol 6 SDCC variant issue is worth $85.00. Would this value hold true for Vol 5 of this issue too? By my twisted logic it seems Vol 5 would be more valuable than a Vol 6, as it indicates that Vol 5 was an earlier edition. Also, is comicspriceguide usually accurate, or not? Thanks for reading!

The "Volume" is the series. "Value" is supply/demand.

ASM Vol. 1 #1 is in high-demand because it's his first self-titled comic.

Is ASM Vol. 2 #1 of any value? It was printed in 1999. So, Idk.

"value" is independent of volume.  I don't know a ton about comicspriceguide, but if I was looking for IDEA/RANGE of pricing for a given modern comic, especially raw (ungraded), I would look up 'sold' prices on ebay.

Also looks like there might be at least two different Parillo variants for SDCC, so make sure you're pricing out the right one.

good luck

3 hours ago, AwesomeSauce said:

The Volume number describes the number of times a series has been "restarted"