• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else love Moebius?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Actually, this is probably a great place to ask:

I am a fan of his artwork but only tangentially aware of the comics his work appeared in (Blueberry etc).

If someone wanted to dive in and get familiar with his work, where should they start?

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

I am a fan of his artwork but only tangentially aware of the comics his work appeared in (Blueberry etc).

If someone wanted to dive in and get familiar with his work, where should they start?

The Long Tomorrow is a go to for many, short story, Dan O'Bannon collaboration, printed in Heavy Metal and reprinted elsewhere.

Sort of unrelated, but Ron Cobb passed away today, another visionary of the 70s and 80s. 

7 hours ago, Bronty said:

If you want arguably the lowest barrier of entry, his Silver Surfer limited series is familiar characters through the lens of Moebius. 

But yes, otherwise, Incal. 

7 hours ago, theflashunc said:

If you want arguably the lowest barrier of entry, his Silver Surfer limited series is familiar characters through the lens of Moebius. 

But yes, otherwise, Incal. 

I’ll try Incal - thx!

his Marvel posters are stunning, fantastic interpretations.

I have a sketch in a book and a piece of trading card art. I gave away a sketch in a book here on the boards in the waning days of the Pay It Forward thread. ugh. 

I am not especially a fan of the Gir blueberry style and love the Moebius Arzach style much more.

I would kill for something substantial.

I did buy a Galactus head shot, supposedly from the Surfer miniseries, on ebay waaaay back in the day. Never shipped as scumbag seller must have figured I won it too low ($84 or something jumps into my head), but I still have it burned into my brain and still look for "my" piece of art.

22 hours ago, J.Sid said:

I have a Kirby Surfer so yeah I’ll take a Moebius. 

oh you mean.....choose?

Kirby is the father of his invention

John Buscema the nurturing uncle of angst and isolation 

Moebius....the prophetic...might be the one who truly saw the future world where the Surfer actually exists

The answer lies in the wisdom that there is no answer

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm

11 hours ago, Bird said:

I did buy a Galactus head shot, supposedly from the Surfer miniseries, on ebay waaaay back in the day. Never shipped as scumbag seller must have figured I won it too low ($84 or something jumps into my head), but I still have it burned into my brain and still look for "my" piece of art.

That soulless cheat needs a phone book to the forehead metaphorically speaking as the 🦍 abhors violence.

0A6577B7-CB3F-4A69-BBB1-A979C58A6D33.thumb.jpeg.2470e8e31e0c2892729c2d5c46fb86e3.jpeg