• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I submitted for grading at a signing. How long approx until i receive it back?

3 posts in this topic

I recently attended a Clayton Crain signing and had him sign my Dceased 1 variant for grading purposes. I submitted it, that day, through a "valet service" at my local comic shop considering i don't have a personal account. Has anyone done this themselves, whats your feedback, and how long did it take? Thanks in advance for your time

Edited by Charles Quintiere

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  If you have the submission number, we can check the status for you.  When submitting through a facilitator, the total turnaround time will depend on how quickly they sent it in to us and also, the grading tier it was submitted under.  You can find a listing of all of our current turnaround times on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

Thanks!

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-sig-series/

these are estimated turnaround times found on the CGC website.  I'm unaware of the 'valet' service, so maybe that's just your comic shop submitting it.

But lets do a bit of math.

1. Lets say your comic shop mails out two days after the signing. +2.

2. 3-7 days for shipping to CGC.  Average +5.

3.  Because it takes them a while to open the mail, plus they only work business days, five days to start the turnaround time clock +5

4.  Turnaround time for non-fastrack CGC SS moderns, +32.

5.  CGC only counts business days in turnaround time, so add 10 days. +10.

6. A couple days for processing/shipping. +2

7. +5-10 days shipping back to you, average +7

So 63 days from the signing would be a reasonable estimation, a little more than two months.  Obviously could be faster or slower, good luck.