• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing spider-man 101 (comic 1 of 3) **new pics**
3 3

13 posts in this topic

EDIT: Ok, so this message will be on each of my posts - sorry was doing it from my phone last night which ended up looking like ... so, my goal here is 2 fold - 1st i was looking to test my grading skills; 2nd i was looking for peoples thoughts on pressing these (via CGC vendor) prior to grading; whether you think it will make a difference worth the costs or not... I was going to put my grades up after they had been reviewed a few times but  have decided just to put it in the posts...

RE: Amazing Spider-man 101 - my grade is 4 (number of stress lines corner folds with color breaks, staple tears, spot on back, spine stress)
- cover has several folds with color breaks, tears near staples, spine stress marks
- corners rounded
- pages are tan-cream
- back cover seems to be in similar shape as the front

New pics below:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0SG6XBubG0O0kx

==== original post ====

Kinda curious to see how my grading skills are so this is 1 of 3... after I get a few hits I’ll chime in with my grade see how off I am...I’d put the pages as tan, obviously the spine has seen better days there is staple pull, some creases with color breaks, spine stress... and some kind of white spot on the back of the book

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0X0V99uV4F5xgFf7dY7tia4bA#Home

IMG_1284.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

IMG_1271.jpeg

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1266.jpeg

Edited by JDubeCT

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

Welcome to the boards 

I would recommend that you uploads pics directly to the thread to get a better response

some of us are too lazy to click on links

For what it’s worth

I was going to but the size limit i got from my phone was way too small -- looking now from my laptop it seems higher, i am editing my posts anyways and will add that if i can too 

46 minutes ago, speedcake said:

3.0  IMO, press might clean it up a little but don't think it'll do anything for the grade. Is that a hole in the back cover?

No, its like a white out or something, paint dot -- not really sure