• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone #1 First printing
2 2

17 posts in this topic

I would appreciate all opinions on grading before I send this in. I understand it will be the Green Label due to the signature. I purchased it in 1996 and it has been in a bag and stiff plastic holder since. It is in very good condition except for a few small creases along the spine and a defect in the upper back corner. I have never submitted to CBC before so I am curious if it is above 9 or below. Thanks

6263DCE9-98B9-46DB-B1A0-FB7DA882E214.jpeg

F3550940-B138-40F4-8E3C-B008A5EC6F39.jpeg

A5B30E7D-4A38-486C-8345-A32E0DF1CC50.jpeg

D1F5B902-9800-4E3B-9C3A-7A4021374811.jpeg

4AF9E8AA-B77F-43AF-BB10-B121C197E1FB.jpeg

It's amazing how a full frontal shot and a different angle accentuates the positives and the negatives.

I can see a 9.0 but not much more due to that 1/4 inch tear (?) on the BC. Worth grading either way.

Edited by Funnybooks

2 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

Thanks. It isn’t really a tear as it doesn’t go all the way through. It is just a scratch. Not sure if that makes a difference.

All the difference in the world...A small flaw as opposed to a small tear ( I need to stop grading from my phone )

1 hour ago, mysterymachine said:

There are a number of color breaking creases at the spine I don't think it would grade 9.0 even with a press. I think it would be best to lower your expectations to 8.5.

I agree - it does present well, but with all those creases I think Bone 1 is a 8.5