• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damage during grading and its' future affects
2 2

45 posts in this topic

I refused the offer because they offered me the amount I submitted ($1000) it for which is far below the market value.  I had no idea what the book would come back as other wise I would have included a value of $2500 or more. In this scenario, CGC would have damaged the book, then buy the book back from me and then sell it for double the price.  Doesn't seem fair, CGC profits for a  mistake they made.  just to be clear there is NO DOUBT the book was damaged during encapsulation by CGC so why am I not compensated for the damage.

46 minutes ago, robotur said:

I refused the offer because they offered me the amount I submitted ($1000) it for which is far below the market value.  I had no idea what the book would come back as other wise I would have included a value of $2500 or more. In this scenario, CGC would have damaged the book, then buy the book back from me and then sell it for double the price.  Doesn't seem fair, CGC profits for a  mistake they made.  just to be clear there is NO DOUBT the book was damaged during encapsulation by CGC so why am I not compensated for the damage.

That is very unfortunate. I assume if you put the estimated value down as $1000 then you submitted the book under the standard tier. Is that correct?  

51 minutes ago, robotur said:

Yes, I put it for 1000 for standard service.  CGC has come back and offered me a credit for the damaged book.  It was a very reasonable offer and I have accepted.  Ultimately CGC has resolved the issue very fairly and I am satisfied.

Thanks Harshen for taking care of this issue.

👍

4 hours ago, robotur said:

Yes, I put it for 1000 for standard service.  CGC has come back and offered me a credit for the damaged book.  It was a very reasonable offer and I have accepted.  Ultimately CGC has resolved the issue very fairly and I am satisfied.

Thanks Harshen for taking care of this issue.

Thank you for sharing the update and glad they worked with you to make it right.