• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing OA group picture...!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Why? Man, if collectors saw the way that artists care for and toss around their art, they would lose their sh**.

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

Why?  Its not going to burst into flames.

I know...I know... Just with the money that gets spent on art nowadays, it feels like my duty to care for it to the best of my ability. Paper isn't the sturdiest of materials and once damage is incurred, there isn't a lot of going back. Just me being paranoid (shrug)

1 minute ago, Varanis said:

I know...I know... Just with the money that gets spent on art nowadays, it feels like my duty to care for it to the best of my ability. Paper isn't the sturdiest of materials and once damage is incurred, there isn't a lot of going back. Just me being paranoid (shrug)

I'm with you. I totally would've kept it all in their mylars (and the glare would've been enough to burn a hole through the ceiling).

4 minutes ago, sfilosa said:

I have respect for him as he post his new acquisitions and puts his art on CAF. I like people that want to show off their collection. Doesn't matter if you have $5k or $5 mm, show it off!!!!2c

Honestly, having my collection on CAF and organized, getting comments, etc. is just another way I enjoy the hobby (that doesn't cost money).:acclaim:

well said - I agree

Nice collection.  He's clearly dedicating $$$ towards art and not the ladder.  Orange ladders are only rated for 300 lbs.  Now, yellow ladders are rated for 375 lbs. Although, I have a yellow ladder and it's only rated for 250 lbs.  Blah...

Edited by Will_K

7 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Truth

7 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Why? Man, if collectors saw the way that artists care for and toss around their art, they would lose their sh**.

I was able to comp a TV interview person today with a field sketch my artist wife had put in the trash.  David

Clarify...

My remark was about any artist's perceived value of their work!  My artist wife throws stuff out, and if I'm lucky, I can rescue art from the trash ( in my own home! ) 

We had a local TV station anchor come by to do a feature about Julie's carport art venue in the COVID era, and she was a very pleasant 20 something, and did a nice job taking video and gopro for over an hour for a 2 minute segment, so I gave her a small piece as a thank you.

Thanks, Elissa!   WCAX  Vermont

Sorry for the odd post, busy day.  David

Edited by aokartman
clarify

Ok gang you’ve triggered all my fears in this thread:

1) Someone teabagging my art

2) Spilling paint on my art

3) bleeding on my art

4) Taking a photo that causes spontaneous combustion and starts a fire 🔥 

5) Scott selling me an X-Men cover.then playing soccer with Jim Lee to see who can kick my cover into the shipping package first ( or the “goal” as they call it.) before they ship it to grapeape.

doh!

Edited by grapeape

6 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

So totally true. It's not really precious like that. Unless you "Steve Wynn" it.

My entire collection, save what's up on walls is "on the floor". I'm a fan of floor. Solid.

2 hours ago, grapeape said:

Ok gang you’ve triggered all my fears in this thread:

1) Someone teabagging my art

doh!

At this point you should just assume all artwork has been "Pre-Bagged"

11 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

I think he means the trash can sitting next to the sofa. You can see what looks like the knot in the trash bag. And as far as the apartment goes, you cant tell from the pic exactly what that apartment looks like. It's a corner of 1 very minimalist room. The place could be a modernist palace. I mean look at that absolutely huge yellow abstract painting on the wall. I wouldn't be surprised it it was 7ft square +, based on it's placement over the side table. Huge ceilings.

But hey, what do I know... please keep right on talking trash to the guy with the bajillion dollar collection. I'm sure he cares!

:baiting:

Love this comment. Literally lol'd.

It's not a trash can, it's a child's cloth toy basket.