• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing OA group picture...!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, dinesh_s said:

Totally agree and my hope is that being so public about my collection will help others feel comfortable to do the same. One day soon, these will all be in museums (or at least they should) but until then bringing such an important and exciting part of the art form to light feels necessary.

Thanks for sharing your collection with us. Seeing all the pieces next to each other really let us appreciate your good taste. There isn't one piece of OA that feels out of place.

Edited by Eltanin

9 hours ago, dinesh_s said:

Totally agree and my hope is that being so public about my collection will help others feel comfortable to do the same. One day soon, these will all be in museums (or at least they should) but until then bringing such an important and exciting part of the art form to light feels necessary.

Beautiful collection you've built up there, and in a relatively short amount of time. I wish you continued success in adding to an already impressive lineup of pieces!

12 hours ago, dinesh_s said:

So glad you feel this way. I never understood those who have art just to privately “self worship.” 

I understand tactical reasons: make it disappear so it looks “fresh” when it comes to market. That’s a Wall Street heart.

I understand security concerns: still with great power and great collections comes great personal responsibility. Display but protect.

But I’ll never understand the selfish heart that won’t share beauty (perceived) with others.

You have given us a great gift Dinesh and plenty to laugh, drool dream and worry about!

🍇+🦍

54 minutes ago, Timely said:

Next time, use a pool table!

DitkoGroupA.jpg

DitkoGroupB.jpg

DitkoGroupC.jpg

9 ASM pages in the side pocket! Holy balls that’s a power packed display. What amazing pages of course I’ve told you that before!

Thanks for sharing this (thumbsu

15 hours ago, dinesh_s said:

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not sure the world is going to care about Cosmic Ghost Rider in 40 years, but if they do, museum is definitely near the top of my exit strategies list.

1 minute ago, Varanis said:

...in 40 years, but if they do, museum is definitely near the top of my exit strategies list.

This would set you apart from most collectors.

The conversation of filling up our favorite museums with comic art has been batted around before with @delekkerste being the most vocal that many collectors talk museum/donations but few mean out of their own collection ;)

1 minute ago, vodou said:

This would set you apart from most collectors.

The conversation of filling up our favorite museums with comic art has been batted around before with @delekkerste being the most vocal that many collectors talk museum/donations but few mean out of their own collection ;)

If I'm well off enough to buy something so much a luxury as comic art, I can only hope I'm well off enough by the time I pass that the sale of the art will be relatively insignificant to the well-being of any I leave behind. As long as my loved ones are cared for, I can't imagine anywhere better for the art to go then a museum. Again, this is all predicated on the assumption that museums of the future will care about comic art (I think they will) and more specifically, Cosmic Ghost Rider (a much more dubious proposition).

33 minutes ago, Varanis said:

If I'm well off enough to buy something so much a luxury as comic art, I can only hope I'm well off enough by the time I pass that the sale of the art will be relatively insignificant to the well-being of any I leave behind. As long as my loved ones are cared for, I can't imagine anywhere better for the art to go then a museum. Again, this is all predicated on the assumption that museums of the future will care about comic art (I think they will) and more specifically, Cosmic Ghost Rider (a much more dubious proposition).

Altruistic sentiment and admired truly. However you’re speaking to a crowd that goes a year eating only Ramen so they can take down a Finch X-Men cover.

Not sure most folks ready to leave their property er art to the “care” of a museum for the benefit of mankind. Especially when they don’t keep their word sometimes to those that donate.

Syracuse Art Museum 2020

Berkshire Museum 2018

Edited by grapeape

6 minutes ago, grapeape said:

...that goes a year eating only Ramen so they can take down a Finch X-Men cover.

Dude.

It's 10 years and every friggin' 2nd run Cockrum X-Men the market offered in that time :)

Not "Finch" (who?!!) lol

Oh..The Goldfinch?

The Goldfinch (novel) - Wikipedia

Great book.

C'mon...man!

23 minutes ago, vodou said:

Dude.

It's 10 years and every friggin' 2nd run Cockrum X-Men the market offered in that time :)

Not "Finch" (who?!!) lol

Oh..The Goldfinch?

The Goldfinch (novel) - Wikipedia

Great book.

C'mon...man!

Haha that was a softball trigger to activate Vodous WTF Alarm. I know how much Ramen you ate for that run my friend!!! Dedication.