• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man 1/2 Prop Replicas

2 posts in this topic

I'm hoping the fine people of CGC can give me some insight.

I'd like to know all options available to me, for encapsulating & authenticating these 2 pieces. 

Iron Man newspaper from the ending of Iron Man 1:

I've been told, this was made/reproduced from the actual negatives Marvel used for the prop in the movie. The paper looks and feels just like a real newspaper.  The back is blank. It was signed by Stan on July 2nd, 2012 in Melbourne, Australia.

Time Magazine:

Pretty much the same scenario as the paper.  It was made/reproduced from the negatives Marvel used for the Iron Man 2 movie. Has a thicker magazine style cardstock cover.  The inside are the guts of a real Time magazine, Volume 176, NO. 20, 2010. It was also signed by Stan on July 2nd, 2012 in Melbourne Australia.

I know the signatures aren't witnessed and can't receive the yellow label.  I would just like to know what options are available, if/how they can be authenticated and slabbed and what the labeling would say.

Thanks so much!

Chris

IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

Iron Man Paper.png

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

IMG_4797.JPG

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, we would not be able to grade or encapsulate either of these items.  

If you have any other questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!