MCU Multiverse Cameos
1 1

9 posts in this topic

1,672 posts

Am I the only one who thinks having different multiverse iterations of MCU characters a bad idea?  I really hate the idea of a Tom Cruise - Ironman cameo. I think it cheapens the the stories and hope it's not true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,790 posts
On 9/23/2020 at 6:55 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Am I the only one who thinks having different multiverse iterations of MCU characters a bad idea?  I really hate the idea of a Tom Cruise - Ironman cameo. I think it cheapens the the stories and hope it's not true.

Definitely not.

There is a myriad of reasons that I presume Endgame will be the last great MCU film, and the multiverse is one of them. "Death is what gives life meaning."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,499 posts
27 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Definitely not.

There is a myriad of reasons that I presume Endgame will be the last great MCU film, and the multiverse is one of them. "Death is what gives life meaning."

I presume much differently. I look at the interesting filmmakers Marvel has brought in, like Chloe Zhao, Daniel Destin Cretin, Nia DaCosta, and veterans like Ryan Coogler, Sam Raimi, and James Gunn, and I think that Kevin Feige is actually looking to up the dramatic quality of the MCU films. And the multiverse has been part of Marvel stories since the early Fantastic Four stories, including the Quantum Realm and the Negative Zone. Endgame was so great, in part, because it explored the multiverse. It's fun and the dramatic possibilities could be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,790 posts
15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I presume much differently. I look at the interesting filmmakers Marvel has brought in, like Chloe Zhao, Daniel Destin Cretin, Nia DaCosta, and veterans like Ryan Coogler, Sam Raimi, and James Gunn, and I think that Kevin Feige is actually looking to up the dramatic quality of the MCU films. And the multiverse has been part of Marvel stories since the early Fantastic Four stories, including the Quantum Realm and the Negative Zone. Endgame was so great, in part, because it explored the multiverse. It's fun and the dramatic possibilities could be awesome.

Almost none of those directors are "interesting" to me.

The multiverse in the comics is meaningless to the MCU.

Endgame's greatness has nothing to do with exploration of the multiverse. Their exploration begins and ends with chasing McGuffins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,499 posts
7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Almost none of those directors are "interesting" to me.

The multiverse in the comics is meaningless to the MCU.

Endgame's greatness has nothing to do with exploration of the multiverse. Their exploration begins and ends with chasing McGuffins.

Ghad, such pessimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,790 posts
2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ghad, such pessimism.

They have a lot to prove. Starting Phase 4 with Black Widow didn't earn them any ground in my books. Not a progressive start, IMO. They doubled-down on bad ideas by making the Disney+ shows required homework to enjoy the next wave of films.

The tragic passing of Mr. Boseman is another wrench in the mix. Everything good comes to an end. I'm okay with that. They provided a decade of meaningful stories to my life. I'll never forget it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,209 posts

Opening up the multiverse has unlimited possibilities ( similar to the rumor of the marvel “ what if “ series ) and essentially gives Disney countless possibilities when it comes to streaming or series . For me , personally I absolutely loved the original run from Iron Man to Endgame , however I do like the idea of watching series done in a similar thought out manner as opposed to 2-3 films per year , in the same way “ band of brothers “ was as good as “ saving private Ryan “ ... one can only hope 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,499 posts
32 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Opening up the multiverse has unlimited possibilities ( similar to the rumor of the marvel “ what if “ series ) and essentially gives Disney countless possibilities when it comes to streaming or series . For me , personally I absolutely loved the original run from Iron Man to Endgame , however I do like the idea of watching series done in a similar thought out manner as opposed to 2-3 films per year , in the same way “ band of brothers “ was as good as “ saving private Ryan “ ... one can only hope 

I think the MCU Disney+ shows, beginning with WandaVision, will blow expectations out of the water. I think they're going to be more than just the same ol' MCU (which is fine), I think they'll raise the standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1