• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return shipping fees

3 posts in this topic

I have a bundle of 25 modern age comics I'm thinking of submitting to CGC for Modern tier service.  I've read that return shipping is based on the type of grading the books go through since some books take a longer than others.  So this is why I plan to submit all modern books in my 25 book bundle.  Initially I believe my books are in the $200 value range, but if some of them end up receiving higher grade since I may have under-graded my book(s) (e.g. I valued a book at 9.0 but CGC gave me a 9.2 causing the value to go above the $200 range) will this cause my order be returned in different shipping return dates and fees?  Based on my situation what is your recommendation so that I would not incur multiple return shipping fees?

Thank you.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  If you list the declared value for all of your books under $200 and you put them under the Modern tier then that is how they will be entered into our system.  When the books are examined by our graders, if they feel any individual book was significantly undervalued and they feel the value is over $200, they will bump that book up to a higher tier and you would then be charged the difference in grading fees.  The book, however, would stay in that original invoice and would ship back with the rest of the books on that submission.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!