• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I AM JIMMERS!
3 3

197 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Little throwback to Gav/boozad ancient history.

This year's just been too much for me-thinking about logging online's enough to give me the screaming mimis,just unreasonable dread and these damn panic attacks and manics..whooboy.mental wellnotness.Finding two dead people outside my door,ovedoses was tooooooo much.They fell part in my flat when I opened the door.Noooooooooooope.No fun

I've been reading ooodles and oodles of comics though..gasp...modern stuff!The local dollar store get's in trades and collections of Marvel sometimes,four bucks a piece!Even some yucky DC hardbacks,but I'm getting through the Marvel stuff before I visit that.

Siege Battleworld was COOL.

So,what have I missed?Gossip me.Who is mad at who and stuff.

Nuff said

Welcome back, mate!

music.jpg

Always great to see you back again ! :smile:

Comics have always been a reliable way to soften the blow of tough situations, especially as drawn-out as this year's have been.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

Welcome back, mate!

music.jpg

I was just thinking of you before I just signed on.Just got the self titled Ladytron lp from rarewavesUK(I love that shop..free shipping!) yesterday and have it on the turntable now.Great record but not meant for wax I think,terrible quiet mix.

How's myopia by the sea?

To keep comic talk going I am reading  Iron Fist Return of K'Un Lun trade..I still can't believe it was four bux at dollarama :whatthe:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Hasn’t been much of a good year for me either or just about anybody I know. Maybe the worst year of my life. I won’t bore you with the details. No matter how bad I think I have it, it is nothing compared to a lot of folks. 

Instead of hiding in my bunker, I decided to take the high road and try to give back to those who have it a lot worse than I have. For many months, I have masked up, gloved up and handed out food and toys to kids and their parents at the local food bank. I can’t tell you how grateful people are and how much people just need a little help. I’m no hero, or saint. I don’t want any thanks. Kind of selfish really. The looks on these people’s faces has made me forget how bad I’ve felt this year. 

Great to see you here Jimmers. Think about you from time to time and glad you are hanging in with the rest of us. This place and the cool people in it has sure made coping a whole lot easier. Stick with us lil buddy! 

I've thought of you often as I wade through my oddest golden age-'wonder if Bob has this?' and well,with the fires in your state just about everytime I turn on the news I think of you and my other Cali chums.

I've been keeping busy don't get me wrong-I just noticed I was hiding/biding a lot of time online and between the garbage and politics on fb and folk bickering on here,it was just getting me really really down.I decided to be gratefull for the bonus time I'm blessed with and spend the summer outside and deal with people hands on.With the overdoses and drug epidemic literally at my door I've done as much outreach work as I can this summer.Be it handing out naloxone kits to businesses and educating people how to use them maybe help save a life to dropping off ziti casseroles to friends,aquaints that I know are hungry and need a meal,just stopping to talk, let someone have some pets with the dog I've been busy my friend.

Got any spare Mystic vol 2#2 kicking around? 

And what do you think of my superhero outfit I designed for when I do superjimmers stuff?

94741145_2919434764790712_79850222196862

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Always great to see you back again ! :smile:

Comics have always been a reliable way to soften the blow of tough situations, especially as drawn-out as this year's have been.

Hello mon amis! I thought of you reading this. I believe he is/was a writer from North England writing about northern life?Also,you know,I picked it up because Iron Maiden.

107179154_649720235900263_42546644999444

Okay Nottingham is midlands,but it gave me a Northern industrial type feel tough like the Mancunians and Geordies, Smoggies

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Good to see you posting, Jimmers!  :smile:

I took a page from your book and stepped away from the computer-and beside the communications here with my friends from around the world,I didn't miss it too much.

Thank you though,it's nice to be back and feel the love.

I thought that was Dr Who.

The fires are real nasty. Worst air quality I have seen in as long as I can remember. The Bob Cat fire is right above where I grew up.

Real good to hear you are doing well and giving back as I know you always do. I don't think I've been so "P" active since I was so young. I don't like bickering though so I know what you mean. I just come here as a "resting spot" to the rest of the world. Have been able to see my grandkids and friends a little more which really helps.

Lock down has given me time to finish off my Indian, play a lot of guitar, organize and clean out a lot of stuff and self reflect a bit. Looking forward to a trip when this is over. A change of scenery would do wonders.

Just got my hair cut and shaved after about a year and a half. Have to say, it feels good. No more knots and tangles, having it blow in my face and my wife is happy. I'd post a before and after photo but I just don't do photos personaly. I long ago gave up trying to be "cool"...

Sorry, no extra Mystic #2s. If I didn't get that copy many years ago, I'd never have this one.

So, feeling mellow and good today so I thought a little T-Bone might be appropriate. Enjoy gang!

@Robot Man Whoa!Really year and a half for the beard too!Sheesh! I've seen a pic of you so I'm doing a mental painting...looks good lol And only those that don't try care to be cool can really be truly-in my heart you're one of the coolest pal.

Great to hear you're getting to see the grands,I know you cherish every second with them.Any rides on the Indian?My gramps had one growing up long before me,a shifter BMW too.

Don't you ever hop on the bike and take in the famous views?Heck with all the Bukowski I've read I can almost picture them myself!They roads to the horse tracks at least!Hopefully things settle a bit more and you get a chance at a proper get away.

Here's what I'm listening to third spin today

I meant to ask and here's as good a spot as any..ever meet Bradbury,get a comic signed?Been looking into one myself.

I picked this up just kn the blurb by Ray in the back..what a pleasant read.Anyone else ever read this one?

117986924_354034502270522_41033526214126

Jimmers! Does the heart good to see ya, bud. Not much to report here other than the same chaos everyone else is living through right now. We are very fortunately none the worse for wear so far, as family remain healthy, employed, etc Thankful for every day that that holds on. I was off the boards for a little bit, but I’m glad to be here now. I did finally ditch FB and Twitter etc and all much emotionally healthier for doing so!

stay strong brother!