• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I AM JIMMERS!
3 3

197 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

So,what have I missed?  Gossip me.  Who is mad at who and stuff.

You may have already seen this thread:

Dylan vs The World

But you probably missed part two:

The Destroyer Cometh ! ! !

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Hello mon amis! I thought of you reading this. I believe he is/was a writer from North England writing about northern life?Also,you know,I picked it up because Iron Maiden.

107179154_649720235900263_42546644999444

Okay Nottingham is midlands,but it gave me a Northern industrial type feel tough like the Mancunians and Geordies, Smoggies

A good book. I’m from a similarly grim, blue-collar northern background, and used to do a lot of long-distance running at school and afterwards, so it’s totally relatable. :smile:

You know me well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

16 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I've thought of you often as I wade through my oddest golden age-'wonder if Bob has this?' and well,with the fires in your state just about everytime I turn on the news I think of you and my other Cali chums.

I've been keeping busy don't get me wrong-I just noticed I was hiding/biding a lot of time online and between the garbage and politics on fb and folk bickering on here,it was just getting me really really down.I decided to be gratefull for the bonus time I'm blessed with and spend the summer outside and deal with people hands on.With the overdoses and drug epidemic literally at my door I've done as much outreach work as I can this summer.Be it handing out naloxone kits to businesses and educating people how to use them maybe help save a life to dropping off ziti casseroles to friends,aquaints that I know are hungry and need a meal,just stopping to talk, let someone have some pets with the dog I've been busy my friend.

Got any spare Mystic vol 2#2 kicking around? 

And what do you think of my superhero outfit I designed for when I do superjimmers stuff?

94741145_2919434764790712_79850222196862

A young Johnny Depp!

8 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Check your PMs, Porcupimp.

Soon sir soon! I'm catching up and saving some of the bests for last! Seriously,sorry to be so tardy and neglect my PM's Jack ,everyone. I'm not Mr Popular but I've been away a while and there's mucho stuff I'm overwhelmed really.Hearing of Bomber passing really bummed me I almost needed another break.Terrible losing a member.

6 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Pulling out some heavy 60's 70's new age fire power there, Jimmers.  Can we assume Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is next?

I read that in high school same year I got into the teachings of Don Juan maybe I'll give it another go.My mindset has certainly changed since then.I wanted to reread the classic beats too and some of the lesser known Russian greats.So much reading and comics need to be read too!A friend keeps sending me this mad Slavoj Zizek stuff and to get him better I've been digging further back in classic philosophy..my pretty face is all going to go to hell cramming this stuff in there!

7 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Miss you bro, gimme a shout when you feel up to it :foryou:

The international operator is always mean to me when I can't get your digits right.Send em fresh mate?I know they're there but buried and I'm getting overwhelmed here

8 minutes ago, Moater said:

Don't let this guy fool you, he's a HUGE Phil Collins fan :headbang:

I didn’t know that about him, but now that you say it, I totally believe it. I’m imagining a complete collection of the Land of Confusion puppets.

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

@Robot Man Whoa!Really year and a half for the beard too!Sheesh! I've seen a pic of you so I'm doing a mental painting...looks good lol And only those that don't try care to be cool can really be truly-in my heart you're one of the coolest pal.

Great to hear you're getting to see the grands,I know you cherish every second with them.Any rides on the Indian?My gramps had one growing up long before me,a shifter BMW too.

Don't you ever hop on the bike and take in the famous views?Heck with all the Bukowski I've read I can almost picture them myself!They roads to the horse tracks at least!Hopefully things settle a bit more and you get a chance at a proper get away.

Here's what I'm listening to third spin today

I meant to ask and here's as good a spot as any..ever meet Bradbury,get a comic signed?Been looking into one myself.

I picked this up just kn the blurb by Ray in the back..what a pleasant read.Anyone else ever read this one?

117986924_354034502270522_41033526214126

Yep, met Ray Bradbury twice. Very nice man!

comshocksuspense7.jpg

pulpsuperscience4:49.jpg

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

I want to talk,I do,you're such good friends I don't want to burden

You're not a burden, Jimmers.

My PM door is always open if you ever want to talk. (thumbsu

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I want to talk,I do,you're such good friends I don't want to burden

What The Bark Knight said Jim. Lots of friends here, you have <3

Spoiler

1310975731_2019-08-2321_48_12.jpg.2095f109c073c5bb5f26e1a28d935751.jpg 

:mad: