• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your take on this Daredevil #1?

46 posts in this topic

The cut looks fine to me

screwy.gif

Here's an experiment:

1) Line the scan up at the correct angle.

2) Enlarge and print.

3) Measure top cover edge

4) Measure bottom cover edge.

5) Take out slide rule or ruler, etc. and compare the angle of the bottom-right image (Foggy, Murdock, Page) to the DD image on the top-left.

Either the scan is warped, the cover is folded over, or there's been some trimming, but something is definitely up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where's JC when you really need him . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

The cut looks fine to me

screwy.gif

Here's an experiment:

1) Line the scan up at the correct angle.

2) Enlarge and print.

3) Measure top cover edge

4) Measure bottom cover edge.

5) Take out slide rule or ruler, etc. and compare the angle of the bottom-right image (Foggy, Murdock, Page) to the DD image on the top-left.

Either the scan is warped, the cover is folded over, or there's been some trimming, but something is definitely up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where's JC when you really need him . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Is this all about a miscut on a Daredevil #1? As was mentioned, Daredevil #1 is one of the most screwed up books production wise from the silver age, a lot of them are angled miscuts. Handle a half dozen of them and it's as plain as day that somebody was drunk in sparta that day.

Precisely, what I said earlier, Rob . . . but JC DOES the legwork, he just doesn't spout off . . .

What I said, was that this type of miscut is very common on this issue - get your head out of you're Bronze Age books and take a look sometime. This book is as notorious for poor production quality as Iron Man #55 makepoint.gif