• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 35
3 3

14 posts in this topic

I got this on eBay a while ago. Total impulse bid and was surprised about the condition when it arrived. Wondering if its been restored at all because theres some odd discoloration with the yellow on top left corner near Spidey's head. First time on this forum let me know what you guys think! thanks :foryou:

37CYpvC.jpg
e4kVPA4.jpg
Ek6s5pf.jpg
cvTxNDS.jpg
cnIsroC.jpg
fdp5siT.jpg
nJTVnMl.jpg

@perdvenomThe discoloration looks to potentially be foxing. Could you take a good closeup photo of the interior to that part and the interior cover as a whole? It would help to see if any markings appear to bleed through, which might indicate color touch. 

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

@perdvenomThe discoloration looks to potentially be foxing. Could you take a good closeup photo of the interior to that part and the interior cover as a whole? It would help to see if any markings appear to bleed through, which might indicate color touch. 

will do!

1 hour ago, CJ Design said:

7.0  love the crazy colors on that book

Yeah the cover colors really pop. Another reason why I suspect some restoration.

thanks everyone for your input:headbang:

I agree that this book appears to have some foxing/tanning issues, which would affect the grade. 

And from what I can see, nothing is jumping out at me as far as restoration goes. The ultimate grade of this book will very likely depend upon the severity of the tanning/foxing.

And more pictures would certainly help...

@LDarkseid1 

Pics of inside cover and spine. Where the "P" is in Polaris starts is near where spideys head is on the front cover. As for any color bleed I dont see any on the inside cover, but id leave that up for some one more experience in that. I assume thats page tanning going on around the edges. 

I wanted to take more pics but when carefully opening it up I discovered a nasty rip along the spine and as you can see in pics cover is coming a bit loose near the top staple, which probably impacts grade by a lot. Putting anymore stress on the spine i think will just make it worse but heres what I got:

hns9SIt.jpg

q8Us8nB.jpg

ezjliQ4.jpg

UGwcuHh.jpg

RvVNeu5.jpg

1 minute ago, perdvenom said:

@LDarkseid1 

Pics of inside cover and spine. Where the "P" is in Polaris starts is near where spideys head is on the front cover. As for any color bleed I dont see any on the inside cover, but id leave that up for some one more experience in that. I assume thats page tanning going on around the edges. 

I wanted to take more pics but when carefully opening it up I discovered a nasty rip along the spine and as you can see in pics cover is coming a bit loose near the top staple, which probably impacts grade by a lot. Putting anymore stress on the spine i think will just make it worse but heres what I got:

hns9SIt.jpg

q8Us8nB.jpg

ezjliQ4.jpg

UGwcuHh.jpg

RvVNeu5.jpg

Yeah I mean just looks like a good deal of foxing from what I can tell, not color touch.