• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] LAST CALL! PRICE CUTS! You Might Find It!
5 5

429 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, telerites said:

Lizards's selfie cover :banana:

That book had you written all over it.

Welcome to the thread, Jeff! It is a sweet book if your wheelhouse is high-grade DC; I got a handful in this collection and am sharing some here. The guy had a pretty good eye, it seems. (Not all books in this thread from that one collection)

4 hours ago, capt hook said:

Can't find that easily in NJ.  Love The Alchemist!

We try to get to northern Vermont at least once a year. There's no greater craft brewing town in the northeast, and the Alchemist is legendary. I've seen guys in out-of-state plates (including NJ) literally following the Alchemist delivery truck route. Both Focal Banger and, especially, Heady Topper live up to the mythology. Though if you like Focal, an easier to find alternative that's in the same league, if you're up there, is Phaze (also an American IPA) from Four Quarters Brewing in Winooski. Those guys and Foam Brewery, on the Burlington waterfront, are two of the better new brewers up there.

30 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

We try to get to northern Vermont at least once a year. There's no greater craft brewing town in the northeast, and the Alchemist is legendary. I've seen guys in out-of-state plates (including NJ) literally following the Alchemist delivery truck route. Both Focal Banger and, especially, Heady Topper live up to the mythology. Though if you like Focal, an easier to find alternative that's in the same league, if you're up there, is Phaze (also an American IPA) from Four Quarters Brewing in Winooski. Those guys and Foam Brewery, on the Burlington waterfront, are two of the better new brewers up there.

The stuff Foam Brewers puts out is sooooo good. Discovered that place soon after it opened and absolutely fell in love with their hazy IPAs and DIPAs, but with the border closure I've been stuck in Montreal and unable to get back down there en route to the family home since early January.  I've been lobbying them on Instagram to drive up to border and throw some cans into Canada... lol

1 minute ago, smithdatura said:

The stuff Foam Brewers puts out is sooooo good. Discovered that place soon after it opened and absolutely fell in love with their hazy IPAs and DIPAs, but with the border closure I've been stuck in Montreal and unable to get back down there en route to the family home since early January.  I've been lobbying them on Instagram to drive up to border and throw some cans into Canada... lol

I don't blame you!

Pavement DIPA :cloud9:

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Welcome to the thread, Jeff! It is a sweet book if your wheelhouse is high-grade DC; I got a handful in this collection and am sharing some here. The guy had a pretty good eye, it seems. (Not all books in this thread from that one collection)

Hey Gene.  These are sweet books. I always keep an eye on your sales threads.  I have been stuck in GA and more limited on my spend but I always watch and you are always great to work with.

19 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I'm winded now.... @Raze can you give us a brief dissertation on the joys of Weller's 107?

Another grail quest I did not need thanks to you, Dan! :baiting:

Sorry I missed last night! I took a Saturday shift.

The Weller 107 was great. I was at my friends (who Ive mentioned a few times) for a UFC and he has almost everything thats "hard to get". So I get to drink a lot through him. 

But like all the other allocated bottles I wouldn't pay more than retail for it which I think is $50? He got it from his friend in Ohio which is  "State Buy"  and its retail there. I can't justify spending $100+ plus for any bottle! 

The most Ive spend on a bottle was $54 with tax. But really do you need anything other than Buffalo Trace ($25) if you're on a budget?!

7 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I don't blame you!

Pavement DIPA :cloud9:

On our last trip to Burlington, I was eager to finally try Heady Topper. I was surprisingly underwhelmed by it.  But we found some awesome stuff at Foam. 

Great books, BTW!  They go well with Tree House. :)

Julius.jpg

12 minutes ago, SOTIcollector said:

On our last trip to Burlington, I was eager to finally try Heady Topper. I was surprisingly underwhelmed by it.  But we found some awesome stuff at Foam. 

Great books, BTW!  They go well with Tree House. :)

Julius.jpg

Great beer and great brewery! Need to get out there soon. I wish they had opened this summer but food/bar rules prevented I think.

1 minute ago, universal soldier said:

Great beer and great brewery! Need to get out there soon. I wish they had opened this summer but food/bar rules prevented I think.

We got this about a month ago.  The facility is closed for on-site drinking, but you can order online, drive up, and have world class beer delivered to your car.