• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unfulfilled promises

7 posts in this topic

I was excited when it started as well!  It was kinda lower key compared to Arrow and Flash and the other shows that were on TV and then a few other comic book shows showed up on screen...pretty much gave up on all TV at that point so haven't bothered watching any of it after the second season. Maybe I'll revisit it in my retirement ;)

57 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I couldn't have cared less about AoS - because it was ultimately meaningless to the MCU. The MCU affected the show, but not vice-versa.

I think you could have said the same about Thor Dark World, but then that movie came back big time in Avengers Endgame. I wouldn't be surprised if Ultron comes back in some way. In the comics, Ultron is a major part of the Annihilation event storyline.

But AoS did have an affect. It's where the seeds of Civil War began, particularly the Iron Man/Cap rift and the Sokovia Accords, which then led to the Avengers splintered in Infinity War. Hulk's rampage in the movie is what prompted Hulk to leave the planet. And it introduced Natasha.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think you could have said the same about Thor Dark World, but then that movie came back big time in Avengers Endgame. I wouldn't be surprised if Ultron comes back in some way. In the comics, Ultron is a major part of the Annihilation event storyline.

But AoS did have an affect. It's where the seeds of Civil War began, particularly the Iron Man/Cap rift and the Sokovia Accords, which then led to the Avengers splintered in Infinity War. Hulk's rampage in the movie is what prompted Hulk to leave the planet. And it introduced Natasha.

What...? The exposition on the Infinity Stones, Frigga's death, and Loki stealing the throne were all important to the MCU.

I was talking about Agents of Shield. Not Age of Ultron.

Agents of Shield literally does not effect the MCU. It's not canon.

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was talking about Agents of Shield. Not Age of Ultron.

Oh, I see that. I saw AoS and thought Age of Ultron because of my minor dyslexia. Never mind then.  I probably shouldn't type in a fan forum while I'm on a zoom meeting.

Edited by @therealsilvermane