• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s NICK FURY show (TBD)

13 posts in this topic

Samuel L. Jackson is returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a Nick Fury TV show on Disney+. The actor debuted in the MCU during the now-famous Iron Man post-credits scene, becoming a franchise lynchpin throughout the entire Infinity Saga. Jackson reprised the role a number of times over the past decade, becoming a fan-favorite in the process. He appeared in all three MCU movies from 2019, including a key supporting role in Captain Marvel that detailed Fury's days before the Avengers Initiative.

Audiences last saw Fury in Spider-Man: Far From Home, where it was revealed he had tasked Talos with impersonating him while he takes a much-needed break and is relaxing on a Skrull spaceship. Since then, there's been little word on what Fury's future holds as the MCU prepares to enter Phase 4 and beyond, but the character is definitely going to be a major part of the franchise moving forward. He's the latest MCU figure to become the subject of a TV show.

Per Variety, Jackson is headlining a Nick Fury TV show that will premiere on Disney+. Kyle Bradstreet will write and executive produce the series, which does not have a production start date or a release date at this point.

Always cool to see new Marvel additions.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of the character and I'm not really that interested in a show about Nick Fury.  Samuel Jackson never really won me over.  I do hope they breath a little more life into the character and really make it interesting.

nick fury perhaps the worst super spy ever? a guy with some special effects paraphernalia completely fools him and his entire operation into believing he's a hero (mysterio) in spiderman, far from home. does fury ever apologize or accept any responsibility for his lameness? kind of a letdown for a formerly badas$ character imho. there are more interesting characters who deserve a show. 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, Keys_Collector said:

Always cool to see new Marvel additions.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of the character and I'm not really that interested in a show about Nick Fury.  Samuel Jackson never really won me over.  I do hope they breath a little more life into the character and really make it interesting.

Did you read the Ultimates books (where this version was created)? The character is pretty damn cool!

14 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

nick fury perhaps the worst super spy ever? a guy with some special effects paraphernalia completely fools him and his entire operation into believing he's a hero (mysterio) in spiderman, far from home. does fury ever apologize or accept any responsibility for his lameness? kind of a letdown for a formerly badas$ character imho. there are more interesting characters who deserve a show. 

Did you happen to not watch or forget the post credits scene in Far From Home? The Nick Fury and Maria Hill who were tricked were Skrulls disguised as Fury because Fury is out in space leading a team of aliens and agents and dealing with a bunch of cosmic m*****f*****s. The show is likely going to be about his time out in space.

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

Did you happen to not watch or forget the post credits scene in Far From Home? The Nick Fury and Maria Hill who were tricked were Skrulls disguised as Fury because Fury is out in space leading a team of aliens and agents and dealing with a bunch of cosmic m*****f*****s. The show is likely going to be about his time out in space.

i dont recall seeing that! gotta go back and check. thanks!

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

i think they faked me out on that movie. the mid credits scene is the one where mysterio, post-mortem, appears on the giant screen in times square and reveals spideys secret identity to the world. i think i might have just thought that was the final scene in the movie. serves me right. 

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i think they faked me out on that movie. the mid credits scene is the one where mysterio, post-mortem, appears on the giant screen in times square and reveals spideys secret identity to the world. i think i might have just thought that was the final scene in the movie. serves me right. 

No sweat, its definitely hard to keep track of everything, especially with this big break in content right now too. The Skrulls are Talos and his wife from Captain Marvel as Fury and Hill, so it's also an extra bit of connective tissue for whats coming up in phase 4. S.W.O.R.D. and a grown up Monica Rambeau are making their debut in Wandavision, so I imagine that's what this scene was setting up. How that ties in to Wandavision is anyones guess, but I'm betting Monica is going to be swapped for Abigail Brand as a high level agent in S.W.O.R.D. with Fury at the helm.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:30 PM, Keys_Collector said:

Agreed, as much as I love him in other movies (he’s done a couple), I was always a Steranko Fury fan. I always imagined Nick Fury as a 1960’s Robert Conrad.

B4F58A23-843D-437D-85AA-7CF22ED20E80.jpeg