• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does 'B' mean?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

When I saw this title

I totally thought this is what you were talking about, slang, and had never heard it before

From dictionary.com

B

or b

WHAT DOES B MEAN?

is an affectionate term for a loved one. It is often times used to address a homie, ya girl, or ya moms.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Both from the early 50s, but different publishers. The printing company maybe?

Yes, different publishers but they do have the same distributor. Note that both cover sport the letters ANC. That's the distributor American News Company who distributed until 1957 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_News_Company 

I had asked a similar question regarding the "P" on these Spidey books.  It was considered that the letter could represent a local distributor rather than the national distributor.  Very interesting topic to me because I have also seen an "R" on a Spidey book I own.  Possibly different codes used for different local distributors written by the newsstand retailer hm

########### asm 13789.jpg

asm22.jpg