• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekend Auction #5 Soft Ending Sun 8 PM now with extended bidding
2 2

51 posts in this topic

Weekend Auction #5 Soft Ending Sun 8 PM now with extended bidding (see rules below)

New rules based on suggestions and wants I’ve received. NOTE NEW (SOFT) ENDING TIME AND EXTENDED BIDDING.

Rules:

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason. Paypal, CK, or MO accepted. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking. If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs for US shipping however you want it shipped. Default shipping in US is USPS Priority mail Box. If you like, you can wait a week for the next auction to see if you win something else and combine shipping.  If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

This auction will end 8 PM Eastern time Sunday night but bidding will be extended by 10 minutes for any bid coming in with time stamp of 7:59 (or earlier back to 7:50). Thereafter any additional bid extends the bidding another 10 minutes. Bids are valid up to and through 10 minutes after the last bid, e.g., if a bid comes in at 7:59 any bid with a time stamp of 8:09 or before is valid if it follows the $10 increment rule. If a book is subject to extended bidding and another bid comes in, say 8:05, the bidding then extends through 8:15. Please let me know if this requires additional clarity.

I will recap Sun night. I will set a BIN of $1500 for each book to conform with what I believe are the rules. BIN persists throughout auction unless someone hits the BIN.

If two people make the exact same dollar bid and bidding ends at 8 PM, the first poster wins. Any winning bid needs to be $10 or more greater than prior top bid, otherwise it is not valid.

There are 4 auctions, one for each book. Bidding starts at $1 for each book. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. Anything else that needs clarifying, feel free to alert me by post in this thread.

4 auctions books coming up in a few minutes.

I’m also going to try a straight sale of some books (GA/SA/BA/CA) over in Mixed Age this weekend.  Maybe 20-30 books, something for everyone. If you win an auction here anything you buy in Mixed sale gets shipped (essentially free) with your auction win.

Books with scans to follow.

1. Pep #18 CGC 4.0 Slight (A). Label states “Restoration includes small piece reattached to cover with glue (2 pieces of tape on spine of cover)”.  I’m guessing the small piece is where the upper right corner crease is. I imagine this could be reversed, and the tape removed. The staples seem to be normal so not sure why the tape is there. Lastly, the front and back cover look awfully nice, only the very minor stuff that is apparent from the scan.  This could potentially be a nice blue label book, although not so bad as is.

2. Jungle Comics #69 CGC 9.0 Crippen copy. Matt Baker art.

3. The Beyond #28 3.0 staples tight, light stamps (“trade this at second hand store…”) on front and back cover and on a few pages inside, some moisture damage evident as foxing inside fc and stain inside back cover.

4.  Amazing Spider-Man #99 CGC 8.0 Bought this because it looked undergraded.

Edited by whomerjay
Pep 18 not 19

Just now, Nic8612 said:

Not a fan of this extended bidding thing, personally. It puts the guys with deep pockets at a strong advantage. Sometimes us peasants get lucky with last minute bids in the regular auction scenarios :-p

Not sure why a seller wouldn't want to get the best price for their book if there are people willing to bid...

5 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Not a fan of this extended bidding thing, personally. It puts the guys with deep pockets at a strong advantage. Sometimes us peasants get lucky with last minute bids in the regular auction scenarios :-p

I'll have to watch out for these "deep pockets" guys.