• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Supe 1 went for how much ????!!!

29 posts in this topic

This one sold for $6500 on ComicLink, which I mean doesn’t seem like an impressive sale per say but solid. I think the new owner would be able to sell this for more removing it and parting out each page one at a time.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DSuperman%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1428204&id=1428204&itemType=0

EA59D74E-915F-4EBD-AB28-544287E943FE.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Did I read that correctly on GPA that a couple of Superman one sold this month for almost $47,000 and that one sold on heritage recently for around 35K? 

Are you saying gpa says a coverless superman 1 sold for $35K on Heritage? I just looked in the sold section and nothing showed that.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Are you saying gpa says a coverless superman 1 sold for $35K on Heritage? I just looked in the sold section and nothing showed that.

I thought I saw a coverless complete on gpa that sold this month for around 47k ?  I couldn’t believe what I saw. Looking for confirmation. Someone told me about the heritage sale 

9 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I thought I saw a coverless complete on gpa that sold this month for around 47k ?  I couldn’t believe what I saw. Looking for confirmation. Someone told me about the heritage sale 

Oh wow, that would be an insane sale, which truthfully I find extremely tough to believe lol. Makes me feel like this is where the ability to manipulate GPA maybe played more of a role, but who knows. 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

I thought I saw a coverless complete on gpa that sold this month for around 47k ?

must be an ebay report of a "completed sale" to GPA :eyeroll:

expect a new offering of a Supes1 NG coverless  for sale real soon

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, clarkkentdds said:

The Sup 1 you are referring to might be the green label married book that sold two weeks ago through HA. Sup 1s have been actually been more readily available in recent years compared to 5-10 years ago. The prices on Sup 1s have been flat or down lately. 

I see what you’re saying, this one.

0560E2D9-B618-4C49-83E9-770A11F93E9F.jpeg

Another coverless complete was found in the wild 2 days ago that’s why I asked the question after looking up recent sales.  Not mine. A lot of Supes 1 these days compared to just 6 years ( comparatively ) much like Other  “ rare “ books from that time time period. AA16. Flash 1. Whiz 2 

6 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Another coverless complete was found in the wild 2 days ago that’s why I asked the question after looking up recent sales.  Not mine. A lot of Supes 1 these days compared to just 6 years ( comparatively ) much like Other  “ rare “ books from that time time period. AA16. Flash 1. Whiz 2 

Indeed 

Still no new fresh to the market Marvel Comics 1  and hardly any  known copies

Dont get me started in The Ultra Rare First edition october copy!!! Hahaha

Can this be legit? It last sold in a comiclink auction as I recall for around $27K, and I think it maybe sold once before that for around $22K. It's the copy that has the logos taped to a repro cover. Crazy if someone just dropped $50K large on this! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-1-CGC-Best-5-You-May-Ever-See/154014910529?hash=item23dc010841:g:SegAAOSwkO5e-WuT

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.38.22 AM.png

Edited by LDarkseid1