• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Supe 1 went for how much ????!!!

29 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Can this be legit? It last sold in a comiclink auction as I recall for around $27K, and I think it maybe sold once before that for around $22K. It's the copy that has the logos taped to a repro cover. Crazy if someone just dropped $50K large on this! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-1-CGC-Best-5-You-May-Ever-See/154014910529?hash=item23dc010841:g:SegAAOSwkO5e-WuT

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.38.22 AM.png

This book was discussed on here at great length. I can't remember which forum. 

Yeah, that's an absurd price for such an oddity. 

22 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

This book was discussed on here at great length. I can't remember which forum. 

Yeah, that's an absurd price for such an oddity. 

Yeah that’s a nutty price for basically a coverless copy with the logos. Not anywhere near a true .5 to me. Definitely a cool book and unique piece, but the auction description of the best .5 you’ll ever see lol. I mean 75% of the cover is fake. Maybe this is what it’s coming to though, Action 1, Tec 27, Superman 1, soo ridiculously expensive and usually (Superman 1 has definitely been the most available) not available that even something like this sells for a solid amount.

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Would you rather have a coverless complete Action 1 with decent page quality or a 2.0 Supe 1 unrestored ? 

Probably the Action #1 since Superman #1 is basically a reprint book. I am a Superman fan but I have never understood why a #1 is worth more than a Batman #1 with it having the first Joker and Catwoman. Superman #1 copies a bunch of previously used images and stories. Action #1 even coverless is still the first appearance so would lean that way and piece together my Superman #1

2 minutes ago, Monsters-n-heroes said:

Probably the Action #1 since Superman #1 is basically a reprint book. I am a Superman fan but I have never understood why a #1 is worth more than a Batman #1 with it having the first Joker and Catwoman. Superman #1 copies a bunch of previously used images and stories. Action #1 even coverless is still the first appearance so would lean that way and piece together my Superman #1

Good choice.  Yeah. I’m not a fan of Supe 1 either for the same reason. But I love the cover. A lot less copies than bats 1 but not as rare as it was thought of a decade ago 

14 hours ago, Monsters-n-heroes said:

It is still for sale on comiclink ... and I don't see where it actually sold in completed for Superman #1 on Ebay. $29456 minimum bid on comiclink currently.

It's not showing up anymore in the sold section of ebay, but the screenshot I posted above showed it did for a little. It appears you're right though that was not a legit sale. I see it back up on C-Link now. Ebay just confuses me sometimes with what appears to be a sale lol.