• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can we start a Petition to have CGC start Grading YuGiOh Cards?

33 posts in this topic

I totally agree! Honestly I think CGC are missing out on a lot of income with the fact that they do not grade Yugioh cards. I actually wanted to grade some of my Yugioh cards with CGC then I found out they don't... :( ...I think that minimum, CGC should be grading "The Trifecta" of TCG's, MTG, Pokémon AND Yu-Gi-Oh:hi:

I also have a huge amount of yugioh product id like to send in, i watched an interview where one of the graders said they were not confident enough to grade yugioh with there current knowledge however after the service Ive been receiving through cgc which is top notch compared to my experience with other services I never want to send my cards in anywhere else

I do not understand there priority of sports cards over yugioh but i feel like that was a bad move for them although the sports market is HUGE and people are constantly submitting I feel there is a lot of bias toward the subject of them grading sports. they are a fantastic grading company but people who grade sports got big money and don't mind paying the $500 for two week service through PSA.

Id also like to say that not only me but a huge amount of people i know have yugioh cards just waiting in cardsavers for cgc to start grading yugioh i personally will be as well.

What are you even saying?
Why are you straight up lying in this thread.
CGC grades Japanese and English from WOTC to modern, and most other languages up until certain releases. Like how can you just lie and say they don't grade Japanese Pokemon?

20 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

CGC does not even grade many Pokemon cards from Japan... I hope CGC knows Pokemon comes from Japan.  big disappointment.  The identifiers need to step up to play in the big leagues of PSA and BGS.

I think, until recently, only certain Japanese cards were in their drop downs.  I've submitted several Japanese cards and they have all been found in the system.  I'm sure there are some obscure or lower population items that might not be in their database yet, but they seem to be, if anything, expanding beyond competitors.  They grade more than English and Japanese.  I have a German card in with them now that I am looking forward to seeing a grade on.

8 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

I think, until recently, only certain Japanese cards were in their drop downs.  I've submitted several Japanese cards and they have all been found in the system.  I'm sure there are some obscure or lower population items that might not be in their database yet, but they seem to be, if anything, expanding beyond competitors.  They grade more than English and Japanese.  I have a German card in with them now that I am looking forward to seeing a grade on.

From my experience with newer Japanese promos they didn't have in their registry at the time of my submission, they actively worked on adding them to their registry and then grading. 

I waited an extra couple days but the Pikachu promos I sent all got updated. I just think it's blatantly untrue when the guy above says they don't grade Japanese.

Yeah, it does look like you can freeform a lot of the fields.  When I sent in my Fat Pika from VV it wasn't in the system yet, but they graded it express anyway.  I bet if you type the stuff in there, they will grade it if they can find references to support the card's existence.

I would love for them to start grading Yu-Gi-Oh. Some friends and I are looking to get a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh cards graded soon and it sucks to have to go to PSA. I just think the slabs look better for cgc. Sucks that they are not grading Yugioh cards

Edited by Aqua Monkey

They have mentioned a billion times that they will grade other cgcs including yugioh at some point. There is at least one thread a day asking for it. Same with the registry. They cant do it all at the snap of their fingers.

Im sure they dont need a petition to do it. They have been slammed with Pokemon as it is. When they get time, they will add other stuff, but they havent even been grading cards for a full year yet. I guess people wanna complain about even longer turnaround times with another game being added lol.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

On 9/25/2020 at 10:22 PM, LV Collectibles said:

I get that MTG and Pokemon were basically the Beginnings of the TCG Business, however to Not be Grading Yu-gi-oh seems a little strange. It Broke the Guinness Book of World Records for the Top Selling TCG over 10 Years Ago and has not slowed down (it actually Had "slowed down" Significantly from it's 'Craze' Status a couple of Years Before getting this Guinness Status/Record!) 

Let's let CGC know How Many YuGiOh TCG Collectors would submit their cards, as the PSA Prices are getting Outrageously High, but it takes Almost a Year to get your Cards submitted through them at this point!

lol, people re already complaining that the wait times are long with the limited service CGC already offers (that being magic and pokemon). If you add more it will only get longer. I am absolutely certain that CGC was to accept YuGiOh now, the wait time would also be 1 year. 

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

lol, people re already complaining that the wait times are long with the limited service CGC already offers (that being magic and pokemon). If you add more it will only get longer. I am absolutely certain that CGC was to accept YuGiOh now, the wait time would also be 1 year. 

Maybe not a year since they dont do sports like PSA and BGS, but yeah, they are already so slammed with Pokemon that trying to add another game right now would be absolutely insane.

Im thinking once the pandemic comes to a close that things will cool off. The pricing of everything shot up like crazy when the pandemic happened since people were stuck in side all the time. Once its over, I see a small crash happening since alot of people will forget about cards and find other things to do.

Every day someone on here asks about Yugioh and the same responses are "yes, we will add it at some point", which yea, no kidding that they will add it, but they have too much volume at the moment to really expand as much as they would like.

• Administrator

You do not need to start a petition, as it will not change anything. We are already working on adding YuGiOh. But as many commentators have pointed out, we need a new case for them. We also need an incredibly large and complicated database.

These things take time. We are going to do things the right way, not necessarily the quickest way.

Paul