• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Parker is a Mets Fan Show me art related to comics and sports
1 1

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, J.Sid said:

IMG_3048.thumb.JPG.e344ff4126d13a0a076bfdf6e9988c73.JPG

Go Big Red!!!!

Ae a young lad from NYC young grape apes grandmother was relocated to Omaha, Nebraska in 1974. I spent every summer there and was indoctrinated to become a Husker. 
My grandmother lived long enough to see the Huskers win the 1994 NCAA Championship, steamrolling the Miami Hurricanes in Miami with a 15-0 4th quarter. Even grandma noticed how Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp and the rest of the Canes were breathing hard, heads down hands on their hips.

This was Providence you posting J Sid.

R I P Grandma Marie

Edited by grapeape

4 hours ago, grapeape said:

Go Big Red!!!!

Ae a young lad from NYC young grape apes grandmother was relocated to Omaha, Nebraska in 1974. I spent every summer there and was indoctrinated to become a Husker. 
My grandmother lived long enough to see the Huskers win the 1994 NCAA Championship, steamrolling the Miami Hurricanes in Miami with a 15-0 4th quarter. Even grandma noticed how Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp and the rest of the Canes were breathing hard, heads down hands on their hips.

This was Providence you posting J Sid.

R I P Grandma Marie

Is there a way for me to give more than one "heart" on this comment?  :)

On 10/3/2020 at 4:54 AM, Brian Peck said:

Jack Davis Michigan Wolverine!!!

I always loved his mascot caricatures.  I live just outside of Athens, GA and as some of you may know, Davis was an alumni of UGA and a huuuuge Bulldogs fan who did lots of game-day program covers and other promotional pieces over the years for the school (never accepting payment, as I understand things).  Interestingly enough, when I was a kid, Jack Davis was the first artist where I recognized that the same guy who did this also did that, due to the fact that he had such a distinctive style to his work.  I was a big fan of MAD magazine and still remember having an epiphany where I realized that the same guy illustrating some of those stories was the one who had drawn this great image of a helmeted bulldog, running roughshod over a gator.  

Even today, you'll occasionally happen upon a sketch of one of his bulldog mascot pieces in bars and restaurants around Athens.  

Huge Gator and Hulk fan. When ESPN previewed these, I hunted as many down as was still available. Homage covers that featured my Gators (in place of Hulk which was a nice bonus)!

Pencils by Jose Luis:

QQPcS1k.jpg?1x7oltPS.jpg?2

Pencils by Yvel Guichet - this was a "rejected" cover that Yvel decided to finish anyways. ESPN didn't want Albert to appear larger and more overpowering than Sebastian, but it made me like it more for obvious reasons.

Gfkkagj.jpgMQJSfSC.jpg?1

Edited by T Shen