• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Brave and The Bold 62 -Update
2 2

16 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

6.5, could see it bumping to a 7.5-8.5 after a press.

+1  6.5 as is, but most of the flaws are superficial and can be remedied, thus 8.5 (the max) possible and probable if all addressed correctly and effectively. 

Financially speaking, the cost of the revision, slabbing, and postage both ways will likely be equal to or more than the value of even an 8.5, so although a "perfect" pressing candidate, the target grade (8.0 to 8.5) if achieved, will either equal or add up to the cost of improvement, a probable wash. 

As is, offered raw on ebay, using these exact same images, this book will fetch CGC 8.0 equivalent money, the eye appeal is tremendous.  

Edited by James J Johnson

13 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

+1  6.5 as is, but most of the flaws are superficial and can be remedied, thus 8.5 (the max) possible and probable if all addressed correctly and effectively. 

Financially speaking, the cost of the revision, slabbing, and postage both ways will likely be equal to or more than the value of even an 8.5, so although a "perfect" pressing candidate, the target grade (8.0 to 8.5) if achieved, will either equal or add up to the cost of improvement, a probable wash. 

As is, offered raw on ebay, using these exact same images, this book will fetch CGC 8.0 equivalent money, the eye appeal is tremendous.  

EE3AF4DE-49A8-4563-8C4D-5748B8F4F9FA.jpeg

6 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

EE3AF4DE-49A8-4563-8C4D-5748B8F4F9FA.jpeg

Too many times, the cost of doing business isn't fully factored into the win-lose-draw equation. First, the cost of slabbing and associated processes, and then, and most importantly, the vig. The dust settling for the submission bill, now, your expenses are not yet over. There's the vig!  Sell for $100, pocket $85 to $90 after fees. That's a huge bite for any seller who didn't literally steal the merchandise. 

Welp I’m gonna get it pressed/graded and add it to my personal collection. This will be my first submission so I’m curious how everything will turn out. Thank you again for all the helpful replies. I will post the grade when received.