• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Impact of this Flaw?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I received a minimal dress and trade dress Momoko Variant for Batman Adventures #2 from Forbidden Planet this week.

On receiving them both I immediately noticed that the inner pages were protruding 5-6mm beyond the card stock cover.

What is this type of flaw called and what impact does it have on grade?

I assume this must be a production error of some sort.  Other than this the books are in great shape.

It does have a first appearance in it, so wondering if it would be best to replace?

Thanks for any thoughts

IMG_20200927_173551.jpg

IMG_20200927_173540.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, comicginger1789 said:

When I have a production related question, I check other copies of the same issue for comparison.

A quick look at a bunch of sold and listed copies on Ebay appear to have the same "flaw" so probably not really a flaw if that all books came out the same way. 

:golfclap:

On 9/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, comicginger1789 said:

When I have a production related question, I check other copies of the same issue for comparison.

A quick look at a bunch of sold and listed copies on Ebay appear to have the same "flaw" so probably not really a flaw if that all books came out the same way. 

Great tip!  Thanks.