• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A free collection just walked in my door.
4 4

121 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

I'm at my shop and a guy knocks on my door. We aren't open for business and have a sign in the window stating that but people still keep knocking.

Guy asks if I buy comics and I tell him i'm not currently buying anything except 25 cent covers or older.  We talk a bit and he says he is moving and doesn't want to take the books with him. 

He brings in a short box and it's all Marvel/DC from about ten years ago. He says he has six boxes and wants $20 a box. It's all bagged and boarded and in order, so I'm a little tempted but I must have 50 boxes of similar stuff so I pass. He goes down to $15 and I pass. He says $50 in store credit, but I tell him I won't be open anytime soon. He looks around and asks me if I'll trade them for a recycled metal  cowboy sculpture that's about a foot tall and made from horseshoes.  It had a $39.99 price tag on it, but I won three of them at auction for $8, so I agreed. He couldn't decide which one he wanted so I told him I'd trade him all three for $20 and the books. He must have thought he was Peter Minuit buying Manhattan for some beads because he couldn't pull the $20 out of his wallet fast enough. I told him I needed to take a photo of his drivers license in case the books are stolen, and he had no issue. My next yard sale is in two weeks so I'll do a quick keycomics.com search on them and blow the rest out, with any luck. 

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

I'm at my shop and a guy knocks on my door. We aren't open for business and have a sign in the window stating that but people still keep knocking.

Guy asks if I buy comics and I tell him i'm not currently buying anything except 25 cent covers or older.  We talk a bit and he says he is moving and doesn't want to take the books with him. 

He brings in a short box and it's all Marvel/DC from about ten years ago. He says he has six boxes and wants $20 a box. It's all bagged and boarded and in order, so I'm a little tempted but I must have 50 boxes of similar stuff so I pass. He goes down to $15 and I pass. He says $50 in store credit, but I tell him I won't be open anytime soon. He looks around and asks me if I'll trade them for a recycled metal  cowboy sculpture that's about a foot tall and made from horseshoes.  It had a $39.99 price tag on it, but I won three of them at auction for $8, so I agreed. He couldn't decide which one he wanted so I told him I'd trade him all three for $20 and the books. He must have thought he was Peter Minuit buying Manhattan for some beads because he couldn't pull the $20 out of his wallet fast enough. I told him I needed to take a photo of his drivers license in case the books are stolen, and he had no issue. My next yard sale is in two weeks so I'll do a quick keycomics.com search on them and blow the rest out, with any luck. 

The cowboy statue sounds awesome. You have a photo of it?

Edited by Wolverinex

10 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

tenor.gif

Naw, Shadroch basically threw out his trash for him and gave him some sculptures.

I wanna see the collection, there are 4 or 5 decent books in the past 10 years...but tbh same thing happened to me, I got a run of books and the only valuable book in the run was taken out

Here is a list from gocollect 

https://comics.gocollect.com/most-active/recent-releases

https://comics.gocollect.com/most-active/modern-age

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I wanna see the collection, there are 4 or 5 decent books in the past 10 years...but tbh same thing happened to me, I got a run of books and the only valuable book in the run was taken out

Just go look in various garbage cans you'll prob run across em.