• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A free collection just walked in my door.
4 4

121 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Pretty much everyone.  That's the crux of the story to see if the deal was fair or not. 

Of course it was a fair deal. Everyone involved was happy. It will be awhile before I know if I got any decent books.  I don't have photos of the sculptures I traded, but I have a bunch of others. 

25 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Of course it was a fair deal. Everyone involved was happy. It will be awhile before I know if I got any decent books.  I don't have photos of the sculptures I traded, but I have a bunch of others. 

What if the guy has buddies with comics that want to sell their collections?  Would he recommend they go to you?

Pretty sure horseshoe statues is going to be a board meme from now on.  Like someone will post a book or collection and instead of tree fiddy people will say "I'll give you three horseshoe statues for that"

3 hours ago, shadroch said:

Share please.  I for one may give you 6 more boxes of moderns if those sculptures are as cool as the cowboy....

23 hours ago, shadroch said:

I'm at my shop and a guy knocks on my door. We aren't open for business and have a sign in the window stating that but people still keep knocking.

Guy asks if I buy comics and I tell him i'm not currently buying anything except 25 cent covers or older.  We talk a bit and he says he is moving and doesn't want to take the books with him. 

He brings in a short box and it's all Marvel/DC from about ten years ago. He says he has six boxes and wants $20 a box. It's all bagged and boarded and in order, so I'm a little tempted but I must have 50 boxes of similar stuff so I pass. He goes down to $15 and I pass. He says $50 in store credit, but I tell him I won't be open anytime soon. He looks around and asks me if I'll trade them for a recycled metal  cowboy sculpture that's about a foot tall and made from horseshoes.  It had a $39.99 price tag on it, but I won three of them at auction for $8, so I agreed. He couldn't decide which one he wanted so I told him I'd trade him all three for $20 and the books. He must have thought he was Peter Minuit buying Manhattan for some beads because he couldn't pull the $20 out of his wallet fast enough. I told him I needed to take a photo of his drivers license in case the books are stolen, and he had no issue. My next yard sale is in two weeks so I'll do a quick keycomics.com search on them and blow the rest out, with any luck. 

Did they look like this?

Screenshot_20200928-164926_eBay.thumb.jpg.cafb4cdc96d6db48b442ad4547b1a588.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Did they look like this?

Screenshot_20200928-164926_eBay.thumb.jpg.cafb4cdc96d6db48b442ad4547b1a588.jpg

The suspense is killing us.  Shadroch knows how to play an audience.

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know I won't be shoehorned by any charms, this isnt my first rodeo! :whee:

Idea for cartoon:
Guy on horse.
Caption:
"This is my first rodeo"
:roflmao: