• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago Comic Toy Show - Saturday October 3rd 2020

9 posts in this topic

I will be setting up at this show along with approximately 40 vendors.

Show is at the Crowne Plaza Hotel

located at 5440 N River Road (across the convention center) Rosemont IL 60018 

Hours from 9am-6pm

This is the first Chicago show with local dealers (Terry's show was more national dealers and smaller) since the pandemic 

Safe practices will be observed (if you are familiar with Illinois COVID19 protocols).

I will have at least 10 new short boxes of $3 and $5 stock.  - never been to a show

I will have at least 10 short boxes of trades ($3) and hardcovers ($5) - never been to a show

and at least 2 short boxes of priced books - never been to a show

and finally 6-8 long boxes of 50 cent books that have never been to a show either

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I will have at least 10 new short boxes of $3 and $5 stock.  - never been to a show

I will have at least 10 short boxes of trades ($3) and hardcovers ($5) - never been to a show

and at least 2 short boxes of priced books - never been to a show

and finally 6-8 long boxes of 50 cent books that have never been to a show either

What about magazines?  You going to bring magazines?  Why aren't you bringing any magazines?  :insane:

Show went ok all things considered. There were about 30-40 dealers over 2 rooms (only 30 people allowed per room) total attendance was slightly above 150. Sales were great the first 2 hours but slowly the show was a ghost town after 12:30pm. Good variety of comics/toys and other comic related items.

I did probably 1/3 of what I normally do but a lot of my main buyers didn't show up - hopefully the next show will be better promoted

Next show at the same location will be on Dec 13th.