• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Page Quality - Blue?
2 2

37 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Slab Bulkhead said:

Didn't these come out like last week? If someone did a Walk Thru on these that's some crazy shiitake mushrooms.

No, they came out a couple months ago.  The indicia page is 10/20.

22 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

So, with pink pages and now blue pages we can do a gender reveal party without burning down half of California?

6 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

I just had the same book in a batch that F/I/S on Friday and it has regular old boring white pages. hm

20200928_230332.jpg

It's all a state of mind!

27fde9980e61cf87ced0037d67cfb763.gif

5 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Saw this on the face space and verified it is real.

C1CD053B-98E1-4A5C-8BF2-5BC979957C9C.thumb.jpeg.8a8521791efb11d22b590c9d66a6a29e.jpeg

As the submittor of these books, did you even bothered to flip past the cover to check out the interior pages to see if they are actually blue?  hm

If not yet, pull out some more of your extras and let us know here.  (thumbsu  :taptaptap:

5 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #1 (9th printing) with pink pages.  The 5th printing of #2 was also pink.

Fffb 1 pink pages.png

The great newspaper shortage of '73. :preach:

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er
5th printing #2

If these are errors they are hilarious. Assuming that when the grader or whoever enters info into the system, they either to it manually or else there is a drop down. Why the colours "pink" or "blue would even be options in such a drop down selection for PQ is beyond me.

If they are actually talking about the pages in some way, I would like to know what was meant by it.....

16 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

If these are errors they are hilarious. Assuming that when the grader or whoever enters info into the system, they either to it manually or else there is a drop down. Why the colours "pink" or "blue would even be options in such a drop down selection for PQ is beyond me.

If they are actually talking about the pages in some way, I would like to know what was meant by it.....

From the Page Quality section of https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/:

Pink
This page designation is given to a small number of Golden Age comic books that were printed with pink tinted paper, particularly late ‘40s comics published by Fox. Pink is essentially equal to white in this instance.
Blue
Similar to pink pages, this grade is given in those rare instances when comic books were printed on blue tinted paper. Fox publications also occasionally used blue paper when printing their comic books in the late ‘40s.

Just now, Jesse-Lee said:

From the Page Quality section of https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/:

Pink
This page designation is given to a small number of Golden Age comic books that were printed with pink tinted paper, particularly late ‘40s comics published by Fox. Pink is essentially equal to white in this instance.
Blue
Similar to pink pages, this grade is given in those rare instances when comic books were printed on blue tinted paper. Fox publications also occasionally used blue paper when printing their comic books in the late ‘40s.

Aha!

So....maybe they clicked the wrong drop down as these colours would be in a drop down menu for whoever enters their data. That or maybe a batch of those books the OP posted were printed on blue paper. How they tell when the pages" are all glossy and covered with ink from edge to edge is beyond me.