• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grades now in - My first submission (More of a brag than a PGM)
2 2

14 posts in this topic

After doing some cleaning and organizing during Covid I decided to submit some books to CGC. I didn't have any experience or connections at the time because grading wasn't around when I was collecting as a kid. So I looked up a LCS and submitted through them. He said he had a presser that he preferred to CGC's so I used his. I probably slightly overpaid but if the books come back well I will be happy. I didn't take individual pictures but took a fanned out picture of what I gave him so I had a record of it. They all seemed pretty clean and sharp to my untrained eye but at the time I wouldn't have know the difference between an 8.0 and a 9.8 (not sure I could do it right now but will feel better once I see some books that have been graded).

Anyway, I think the books are probably still a month or so off but I want to share my sweat.

Here's a list of books.

3 copies of New Mutants #98

NM #87

ASM #238 with Tattooz

ASM #300 Newsstand 

Locke & Key #1

Thanks!

20200811_123600.jpg

Edited by wheelz86
grades now in.

congratulations on your submission, and good luck.

not a big deal, but this subforum is for a person to post detailed pictures books they have and solicit opinions on the grades of those books.  Your post may be better suited to another subforum, perhaps "Comics General".  

42 minutes ago, revat said:

congratulations on your submission, and good luck.

not a big deal, but this subforum is for a person to post detailed pictures books they have and solicit opinions on the grades of those books.  Your post may be better suited to another subforum, perhaps "Comics General".  

Sorry. Should I remove and repost in the proper forum?

7 hours ago, wheelz86 said:

After doing some cleaning and organizing during Covid I decided to submit some books to CGC. I didn't have any experience or connections at the time because grading wasn't around when I was collecting as a kid. So I looked up a LCS and submitted through them. He said he had a presser that he preferred to CGC's so I used his. I probably slightly overpaid but if the books come back well I will be happy. I didn't take individual pictures but took a fanned out picture of what I gave him so I had a record of it. They all seemed pretty clean and sharp to my untrained eye but at the time I wouldn't have know the difference between an 8.0 and a 9.8 (not sure I could do it right now but will feel better once I see some books that have been graded).

Anyway, I think the books are probably still a month or so off but I want to share my sweat.

Here's a list of books.

3 copies of New Mutants #98

NM #87

ASM #238 with Tattooz

ASM #300 Newsstand 

Locke & Key #1

Thanks!

20200811_123600.jpg

In order from left to right, 

9.2, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 10.0, 9.6, 9.4.

Congrats on the submission. The ASM 300 newsstand is super cool.

GL and let us know how the grades come back. Based on what I can see, I'm pretty confident in my grading! 

8 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

In order from left to right, 

9.2, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 10.5 9.6, 9.4.

Congrats on the submission. The ASM 300 newsstand is super cool.

GL and let us know how the grades come back. Based on what I can see, I'm pretty confident in my grading! 

Fixed this for you...