• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chandler Rice R.I.P.
1 1

19 posts in this topic

I saw this on Twitter just now. He was a heck of a guy, and hooked me up with so many signatures and sketches from my comic heroes. He and his wife were the coolest and kindest people even during the insanity of NYCC. 

Sending prayers and wishes for comfort to his family and friends.

I'm very sad to hear this.  I helped Chandler and Sharon out with a number of Stan Lee signings over the years, and they were always so gracious to me, and fun to be around. I haven't made it to a con in a while, but I was looking forward to catching up with both of them again when I did.  So sad to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sharon and family. :sorry:

13 hours ago, bobotski said:

My very first SS submission was through him, as well as my most recent. Rest in peace.

Agreed...first submission ever was at Big Apple Con and he was very patient in explaining the process the eventually opened up a new world for me in collecting..  Rest in peace

My 1st mail in was with desert wind for a sketch

By the legendary Don Perlin, creator of moon knight

@RadiantGraphix was so awesome to talk me through my questions, and even cared enough to supply the blank.

I called and talked with Chandler through the process, he was responsive and quick to respond all while being professional 

Thoughts and prayers to the family :x

3204773_Full_Obv.jpg

Chandler was a prince of a guy and always very helpful. He taught me a lot about getting signatures from artists.  I have worked for Chandler and Sharon, been out to dinner with them, got some nice face time with Stan Lee through them and always appreciated both of them.  God Speed and RIP Chandler and my thoughts and prayers go out to Sharon and the rest of the Desert Wind family.

For my part Chandler was a joy and a friend in the ten plus years I knew him. He was my first "facilitator" and not only got me my first Stan Lee signatures but also some truly timeless signatures. I was also fortunate enough to have helped him and Sharon at several Denver Comic Cons, which led to dinners with Herb Trimpe, John Romita, Jr. Bob Layton, and others I'm sure I've missed. Also made several friends working with Desert Wind that I'm still fortunate to speak with every so often.  A bull in the china shop, for sure, but the comic world is lesser without him and I wish Sharon and all his friends and family my sincere condolences and will always think of Chandler fondly:angel:

This book always reminds me of Chandler. I had sent it to him for Tony Dezuniga to sign and asked Chandler every way to Sunday if there was anyway to get a Jonah Hex headsketch; he said he'd try but no guarantees, and he managed to keep a lid on it till I received it and WOW!!! Right then I knew(thumbsu

aswest10.jpg

8 hours ago, inthehottub said:

I have many books and a lot of stories thanks to Chandler and Sharon. I would always seek them out when I was at a show. Rest in Peace Chandler Rice

Same hear, plenty of books done with Chandler and Sharon, first SS was Stan. Was also fun helping out with some signings. The legends tour was a blast getting multi creator books done with them. RIP Chandler 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, inthehottub said:

I have many books and a lot of stories thanks to Chandler and Sharon. I would always seek them out when I was at a show. Rest in Peace Chandler Rice

Same hear, sent in my ASM #129 to DWC and had it signed by John Romita Sr. and that book will remind me of him. Chandler helped me out with the submission form over the phone as it was my first time dealing with them, I had a wonderful experience. May he Rest In Peace. 

Mr. Rice was a delight to talk to on the phone. I got to meet him & Sharon quite a few times whenever I went to the Amazing Las Vegas Con. Always in a happy mood. He got a few books signed for me but the one I will always remember him getting signed for me is my grail, Journey Into Mystery 83, signed by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Joe Sinnott. RIP Mr. Rice.

61D2AAA8-41BB-4828-9904-2F631A59FB09.jpeg