• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn 310 D....trashed!

23 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mediaslave said:

So my LCS got in their Spawn 310 Ds today...and it was not good. 

Not a single copy that was tick-free. Every single one had damage. 

So question is, will CGC treat this similarly to the rips that ASM 361 had? Ignore it and treat it as a printing error?

IMG_20200929_141503.jpg

IMG_20200929_144614.jpg

IMG_20200929_144627.jpg

:frustrated:careless! That book looks crazy over ordered, they are trying to meet that demand set by the gunslinger covers. They are going to hit the wall, though. Collectors won't desire something as heavily printed. 

Edited by maidenmate91

3 minutes ago, mediaslave said:

Multiple stores are reporting the same issues. 

The black covers were even worse. 

Jeez.... yeah I just reviewed some copies for sale on ebay that are actual photos/scans. These definitely seem to share similar dents/ticks. In retrospect though, it may add artificial value to copies that didn't sustain that type of damage.

They will demand more of a premium for nm+ copies of the mcfarlane black cover. It might be rare to get a tight copy with that black cover. 

2 hours ago, mediaslave said:

So question is, will CGC treat this similarly to the rips that ASM 361 had? Ignore it and treat it as a printing error?

No, and they shouldn't.  This is not a printing error or defect, but rather a an issue with packing, shipment, and/or handling that caused the issue.  As @maidenmate91 said, there will likely be a demand and premium paid for NM+ copies.

9 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

No, and they shouldn't.  This is not a printing error or defect, but rather a an issue with packing, shipment, and/or handling that caused the issue.  As @maidenmate91 said, there will likely be a demand and premium paid for NM+ copies.

This

1 hour ago, StreetPreacher said:

Sorry I'm not up to date.  What's the deal with this issue?  Isn't it just the reprint of a book from 1992, of which you can still buy original copies for $10?

Or is there some speculation craze that I'm not aware of?

Why would Spawn #310 be a reprint?  It's the 310th issue of a title that started in 1992.

If it's a new release and people are asking about it, then it's usually about speculation - people are looking to make some quick money - and long-term, the books are usually unimportant to everyone but speculators who are still holding them.

When that many copies are on the counter at a single local comic shop, there's good reason to think they're easy to find - no matter what the market says in the first few months.  At one point Spawn #21 was considered "low print".  They're still $1. 

Edited by valiantman

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Pressing on this book will be rampant.  Some will be successful... and CGC will grade those successfully pressed books 9.8.  They won't give 9.8s to books with damages.

You may have a hard time finding pressing candidates. I went through 25 of the black and white to find a few.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Why would Spawn #310 be a reprint?  It's the 310th issue of a title that started in 1992.

Sorry, I was misreading the list.  I hadn't been keeping up on the series, and was assuming the 1992 was the release date of that issue, but now that I think about it, that's obviously the year the title STARTED! lol.  Apologies for my ignorance :(

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=spawn+310&pubid=&PubRng=

And I guess I was naive enough to assume that issues that already had 4 copies listed for resale must be an 'older' title! lol

Edited by StreetPreacher

21 hours ago, valiantman said:

Yeah I'm just an old man who got confused with how comics releases are handled now...  I THOUGHT I had already seen Spawn #313 for sale, and assumed #310 must be a reprint.  HOWEVER, it turns out the listing I saw for #313 was for a PRE-ORDER, and the book doesn't actually come out until the end of December!

spawn_313.jpg

It's a cool cover, but do I really have to pre-order a comic 3 months in advance just to ensure I'd get a copy?  If that's the case, then they can keep the books!  Especially if you had paid for the boo 3 months ago, and when it finally shows up it looks like these poorly packaged disasters? 

It's the same BS the video game stores tried to pull before downloading.  The game-stops would essentially force customers to pre-order new games if they wanted to be sure they'd get a copy on release day...  However, of course game-stop tries to force customers into pre-orders so that the store doesn't end up with extra copies they can't return!

And as a bonus, the game-stops would get to earn interest on all of the pre-order money until the game is finally released!

Edited by StreetPreacher

18 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Yeah I'm just an old man who got confused with how comics releases are handled now...  I THOUGHT I had already seen Spawn #313 for sale, and assumed #310 must be a reprint.  HOWEVER, it turns out the listing I saw for #313 was for a PRE-ORDER, and the book doesn't actually come out until the end of December!

spawn_313.jpg

It's a cool cover, but do I really have to pre-order a comic 3 months in advance just to ensure I'd get a copy?  If that's the case, then they can keep the books!  Especially if you had paid for the boo 3 months ago, and when it finally shows up it looks like these poorly packaged disasters? 

It's the same BS the video game stores tried to pull before downloading.  The game-stops would essentially force customers to pre-order new games if they wanted to be sure they'd get a copy on release day...  However, of course game-stop tries to force customers into pre-orders so that the store doesn't end up with extra copies they can't return!

And as a bonus, the game-stops would get to earn interest on all of the pre-order money until the game is finally released!

pffft pass!!! Not enough skulls.:headbang:

22 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

pffft pass!!! Not enough skulls.:headbang:

HAHA!  At first I didn't even notice that his mask was also 'bedazzled' with skulls!  "BeSkuzzeled"?" 

And I wonder what he keeps in those ~22? 'small' pouches strapped to his leg?  Or is this part of a s silent competition with Rob to see who can include more pouches on a single character?

Edited by StreetPreacher