• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA stream of consciousness thread

244 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, cstojano said:

This exactly. I really like the art but couldn't begin to the guess the pricing structure. 

Like in the US, it depends on popularity and scarcity ... 

You can't understand the prices if you don't know the european (well, mostly french) comic market and his fads.

Grzegorz Rosinski is the artist of the long lasting series Thorgal (1977-2018) and a some well received mini series and storys arcs.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

You know whats funny, ive actually watched a lot of t20 IPL cricket. Its kind of enjoyable actually. Test im sure is more pure but I find t20 more enjoyable to watch.

I'm sure it is.    I don't doubt its popular in other countries for a reason.  

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Also, very envious of our boardie friends who can make it to the LA con.  Having a newborn = zero mobility...

Welcome to Thunderdome!  And if it's not your first, then Welcome Back!  

Will confess, the updated RogueTech (BattleTech) mod has kept me and many other mech jockies away from our usual hobbies.

But got my first Timm and some Jeehyung Lees coming in, can't wait.  Nothing to break the bank too much.

For years on the boards I could never remember who was who among boardies.  Now it's great seeing the same familiar names on here day in, day out.

There eventually will need to be a breakdown of different periods pertaining to original art that is separate from the way comic books are broken down by era (Gold, Bronze, Copper, etc).

It will need to be based on not only the physical size and story content, but also for the mechanical process by which the art was created and stored.

5 hours ago, zhamlau said:

There eventually will need to be a breakdown of different periods pertaining to original art that is separate from the way comic books are broken down by era (Gold, Bronze, Copper, etc).

It will need to be based on not only the physical size and story content, but also for the mechanical process by which the art was created and stored.

Well put...

17 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Well put...

You think? I actually rewrote the section going from art to comics. It still feels clunky. You get the idea but it doesn’t have a nice flow to it. I always struggle with wanting my writing to sound informative and authoritative without being artificially ornate and “wordy”.

5 hours ago, zhamlau said:

You think? I actually rewrote the section going from art to comics. It still feels clunky. You get the idea but it doesn’t have a nice flow to it. I always struggle with wanting my writing to sound informative and authoritative without being artificially ornate and “wordy”.

I do a lot of rewriting, so permit to suggest that you should just say what you want to say, and during review, try shrinking it by at least 20%. That will likely knock out more than 20% because stray phrases and minor thoughts also will fall by the wayside.  

I think we already have too many “ages” for comic books: what’s next? The Tungsten Age? Maybe wedge the idea into the existing structure in order to keep the division numbers down.