• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloudy Comic Book Bags

8 posts in this topic

I realize this is a bit obsessive but regardless of raw or slabbed, I always seal my comics. A few years ago I bought cases of the BCW Comic Book Bags (pictured below) that is perfect fitting for slabs. All of my bags were crystal clear.

Fast forward to now, I just bought a couple packs off eBay from a powerseller with thousands of feedbacks. The packs were sealed and new. However all the bags have this kind of cloud like haze and when I go to seal slabs in the bags, it leaves smudge marks on the bags; similar to if you wiped a layer of dust off a surface. (See below)

Cheers for anyone with input.

s-l500.jpg

bcw1.JPG

1 minute ago, Slab Bulkhead said:

Well those are made of Polypropylene so I would expect them to be cloudy.

Right. The other batch I had from a few years ago that finally ran out (same identical product) no smudges whatsoever and the bags were distinctly more clear. For raws I always use E Gerber products, so I don't have any reference point. 

Cloudy is fine, I just am not thrilled in making contact with the bags with my hands and then these clear smudge marks appearing by me wiping a layer of something off from the surface of the bags.

1 hour ago, astrometric said:

I realize this is a bit obsessive but regardless of raw or slabbed, I always seal my comics. A few years ago I bought cases of the BCW Comic Book Bags (pictured below) that is perfect fitting for slabs. All of my bags were crystal clear.

Fast forward to now, I just bought a couple packs off eBay from a powerseller with thousands of feedbacks. The packs were sealed and new. However all the bags have this kind of cloud like haze and when I go to seal slabs in the bags, it leaves smudge marks on the bags; similar to if you wiped a layer of dust off a surface. (See below)

Cheers for anyone with input.

s-l500.jpg

bcw1.JPG

Well I tried calling BCW but couldnt get an answer on any of the lines.  Thought abt leaving voice mail but no one ever calls me back when I do that when I call various places.  Not sure why places even have voice mail mostly.

Edited by kav

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

They're expensive and don't really improve protection but the cgc sized mylar bags present nicer than any polybag.

Absolutely. Only reason I can't use them is because they are so noisy. My personal collectibles time is very late at night so you start moving a few of these slabs around dressed up in mylar and yeah, that is not going to end well.  

3 minutes ago, astrometric said:

Absolutely. Only reason I can't use them is because they are so noisy. My personal collectibles time is very late at night so you start moving a few of these slabs around dressed up in mylar and yeah, that is not going to end well.  

:makepoint:   Quit wearing the mylar then !

Joking aside, never really noticed the noise until you pointed it out.

-bc