• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Unpacking a Monster: Batch 2 (A Run of Spideys, Others) 20% OFF EVERYTHING LEFT!!! THREAD CLOSES TONIGHT (Sunday, October 4th @ 9:00pm EST)
2 2

638 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Oh, I hear you!  Retirement can’t come soon enough.  Teaching virtually as well?

Yes, 4 courses, all online, "asynchronous" so no set schedule, which amounts to a 24/7 twilight zone...more like what they used to call a "correspondence school" experience, where I'm out there somewhere, the students are out there somewhere, I send them stuff to do, they do it and send it to me and I grade it and send it back....except its email instead of snail mail...o yeah and sometimes Zoom meetings, once every two weeks, which are not mandatory, so maybe half show, and even then the screens are all blank, as nobody I guess wants me to see their messy bedrooms...etc...

5 minutes ago, crassus said:

Yes, 4 courses, all online, "asynchronous" so no set schedule, which amounts to a 24/7 twilight zone...more like what they used to call a "correspondence school" experience, where I'm out there somewhere, the students are out there somewhere, I send them stuff to do, they do it and send it to me and I grade it and send it back....except its email instead of snail mail...o yeah and sometimes Zoom meetings, once every two weeks, which are not mandatory, so maybe half show, and even then the screens are all blank, as nobody I guess wants me to see their messy bedrooms...etc...

What a gong show.  Almost everything I do has to be altered so it is accessible to a child. ...and how do you even know who does the work in the end.  Long hours, emails at all hours from parents, kids still being moved in and out of classes, staring at a computer all day... sigh

Sorry for hijacking the thread...but a comic forum seems like a good place as any to gripe.  I need more comics! 

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

What a gong show.  Almost everything I do has to be altered so it is accessible to a child. ...and how do you even know who does the work in the end.  Long hours, emails at all hours from parents, kids still being moved in and out of classes, staring at a computer all day... sigh

Sorry for hijacking the thread...but a comic forum seems like a good place as any to gripe.  I need more comics! 

Gripe away, my friend ... my daughter started her first classroom a few weeks back and some of her kids have gone virtual already ... perhaps more coming soon as the spike continues to rise!

Peanuts.JPG