• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a pressing question

21 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do not press IMO.

I'm getting 50/50 on this. What argument against is most compelling if you don't mind me asking. Excuse my ignorance but ive only had a few books pressed in my day by joey maybe 10 years ago and I wasn't all that impressed at the process

1 minute ago, Courageous Cat said:

I'm getting 50/50 on this. What argument against is most compelling if you don't mind me asking. Excuse my ignorance but ive only had a few books pressed in my day by joey maybe 10 years ago and I wasn't all that impressed at the process

There's 1 flaw that might be removed via pressing. I personally think the comic looks great and doesn't 'need' it. The cover is flat and beautiful.

Tough question.  I have one person I use for cleaning/pressing needs, and he would let me know if he could safely press something like that without causing more harm.  His expertise is with older age books too.  Without having the book in hand, I can’t give an honest opinion.  Good luck!! (thumbsu

On 2/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Courageous Cat said:

as promised....massive improvement!! will resubmit this week and update with new grade. may take awhile because they are seriously backlogged over there

IMG_0202.jpeg

Nice

looks like the crease did break some color but nowhere near as pronounced as in the before pics.