• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Iron Man COMIC armor
2 2

41 posts in this topic

I'd make a poll, but there's over 50 armors by now and I'm not typing them all in!

MIne's Mark 23, the Ablative Armor. Also, I'll admit that this is an unsubtle way to tell you about my Iron Man fan site devoted to this armor: https://www.ironmanablativearmor.com/

Silver Centurion is my second favorite, got blown up in the first issue of IM I pulled off the spinner.

I'm legit interested in what your favorite armor is and WHY. 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Model 37. It's one of the only suits that doesn't look skin-tight or have fake abs. It's also, y'know, the Bleeding Edge...

Yeah, I never thought of rejecting an armor because of the fake abs, but I can definitely see it.

1 minute ago, Stephen Beer said:

Yeah, I never thought of rejecting an armor because of the fake abs, but I can definitely see it.

Iron Man in the MCU set some bars for my expectation of his appearance. I still like most of his suits, but the ones that mirror the MCU look - they just catch my attention much better.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Iron Man in the MCU set some bars for my expectation of his appearance. I still like most of his suits, but the ones that mirror the MCU look - they just catch my attention much better.

That's why I think the Silver Centurion is the ultimate crossover. That's why I wrote a blog about it.  https://www.ironmanablativearmor.com/blog/would-i-ever-build-another-iron-man-armor-site

silver centurion concept art 477 pixels.jpg

Edited by Stephen Beer

1 hour ago, piper said:

For me it would have to be one of the suits by Bob Layton.

Agreed. This one wins for me. Layton, with JR Jr, drew the best IM armor

large-3613912.jpg?1565021201

Edited by Jeffro.

Only real problem with SC is that it really took "bucket head" to a new level. It's really noticeable on the Toybiz Action Figure. So little neck her really looks like a robot.

Edited by Stephen Beer

I actually have a Layton Iron Man commission from a number of years ago when he came to Alberta.  I wonder how many people ask him to draw Iron Man?  I certainly did.

15 minutes ago, piper said:

I actually have a Layton Iron Man commission from a number of years ago when he came to Alberta.  I wonder how many people ask him to draw Iron Man?  I certainly did.

He co-created iron Man.  :whistle:

Edited by kav

10 minutes ago, piper said:

I commissioned Bob to do an alternate cover to IM 132

It was great.

Wish I still had it....:frown:

5 hours ago, kav said:

A thread abt favorite IM armor has only one actual pic of armor  (shrug)

You're right, here's my favorite I mentioned in the first post. The first is from Iron Man 416 by Teranishi (if anybody could get me in touch with him I'd appreciate it) and the second is the Iron Manual by Pangulayan. These are the only two real appearances of it.

Ablative 2.jpeg

Iron Manual art.jpg

15 minutes ago, Stephen Beer said:

(if anybody could get me in touch with him I'd appreciate it)

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 6.57.30 PM.png

27 minutes ago, Stephen Beer said:

You're right, here's my favorite I mentioned in the first post. The first is from Iron Man 416 by Teranishi (if anybody could get me in touch with him I'd appreciate it) and the second is the Iron Manual by Pangulayan. These are the only two real appearances of it.

Ablative 2.jpeg

Iron Manual art.jpg

Reminds me of Mandroids....

B98A9515-CFD1-4A88-BC0A-30FEFC4ACD92.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER