• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Iron Man COMIC armor
2 2

41 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Stephen Beer said:

Ghost is the exact word I use for him! I've tried messaging random Facebook people with his name just in case I get lucky. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble. 

I did find an email address for one person with that name that is 46 years old.

1 minute ago, Stephen Beer said:

Have you tried it?

no I dont want to bother some possible innocent victim.  I also found ONE pic of the guy.

8 hours ago, piper said:

I actually have a Layton Iron Man commission from a number of years ago when he came to Alberta.  I wonder how many people ask him to draw Iron Man?  I certainly did.

I met him at a Con and I asked him who his favorite character was to draw.  He said Iron Man.

My favorite was the stealth armor.

image.png.cb75388e9cfcaf846545a81a4fb0e3f6.png

9 hours ago, aszumilo said:

I met him at a Con and I asked him who his favorite character was to draw.  He said Iron Man.

My favorite was the stealth armor.

image.png.cb75388e9cfcaf846545a81a4fb0e3f6.png

They definitely kept the big shoulder thing going on both MCU stealth armors, Sneaky and Nightclub. 

Iron-man-3-mark-xv-sneaky-sixth-scale-silo-902637.png

ironman-mark-16-nightclub.jpg

On 10/4/2020 at 6:37 AM, Ablation Steve said:

That's pretty sweet, what company made that?

That was the Bowen designs Statue which is roughly 10 years old - fairly expensive sometimes on the secondary market, though Marvel Select Gallery (who do less expensive PVC statues for only $49.99) did a retro variant of the armor as well a few years ago.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Prince Namor said:

That was the Bowen designs Statue which is roughly 10 years old - fairly expensive sometimes on the secondary market, though Marvel Select Gallery (who do less expensive PVC statues for only $49.99) did a retro variant of the armor as well a few years ago.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I wouldn't say no to the Marvel Select for the price. I know I really enjoy my Marvel Select Ironheart, just about the only way you can get her in three-dimensions. 

1675625614_IronMan74-a.thumb.jpg.4cc95926574c8717b7b9718dcba32c9d.jpg

(Any chance to show M.O.D.O.K. kicking his arse!) lol

For reasons mostly because of what he looked like in the first issue I ever read, I would go with whatever armor this is called. Then again-- I'm not a huge Iron Man fan. He's cool-- a great character -- but for some reason I never got totally into him. Not meaning to offend hard core Iron Man fans--- you pick what you like when your young and you stick with it. Not that I never read his books- I did - but it was not my favorite.

He always felt like something less than the others in Marvel. Brilliant and amazing to develop what he did. But in the end-- a man at heart. As a kid-- I desired the fantasy of the super-hero. He is sort of Marvel's version of Batman to me-- in the game because he is rich and smart. I know some people compare Batman to Daredevil a lot but DD has powers. Batman and technically Tony Stark do not-- short of that ill-advised quip by Afleck's portrayal "I'm rich".

I am amazed at how they have developed the armor and stuff over the course of the series-- and he is so much more entertaining to me in the MCU movies. Clearly the technology portion of his armor have been greatly helped by advances in CGI and other movie tricks.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

60602980_IronMan100-a.thumb.jpg.e003f5f5e37dd2492b074f4a14eefb83.jpg

Let me ask though-- as I was not aware that every iteration of armor has a name-- what was this nippled version from #100 called?

I legitimately have referred to it in the past as the nipple armor

unclear to me if there’s another name

17 hours ago, revat said:

I legitimately have referred to it in the past as the nipple armor

unclear to me if there’s another name

Looks like the model 4, "Classic Red and Gold," the one that had a nose for a short time. Most of the time artists drew those bolts (or whatever) up higher.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_4

But other times it's impossible to not see them as nipples.

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/classicredandgold.html